Does a file exists?
Author Message
 Does a file exists?

Hello group,

Is there a function I can use to determine if a cdb file currently exists on
my handheld.  I wish to create a database upon startup if the file does not
exist.

--
Sincerely,

Sean M. Severson
Project Manager

===============================
"Our aim is to become partners in your
success through our performance."

Technical Assistance Company
807 Forest Avenue
Sheboygan Falls, WI  53085

(920) 467-6711
www.2tacweb.com
===============================

Tue, 20 Apr 2004 05:18:12 GMT
 Does a file exists?
Try the API GetFileAttributes. If it returns -1 you can
assume the file does not exists.

If you don't want to use an API function, use a file
control and try to open the file:

File1.Open "\foo.cdb", fsModeInput, fsAccessRead

I think if the file doesn't exist file1.attr will = 0.
to be sure err.description will = "file not found"

G. Colletti
SouthSide Systems

Quote:

Wed, 21 Apr 2004 07:06:10 GMT
 Does a file exists?
Or

Menu Projet / Components / Microsoft CE File System Control 3.0

In form use:

if MyForm.FileSystem1.Dir("\My Documents\MyCDB.cdb")  <> "" then
    msgbox "Exist File MyCDB"
endif

Jos Roberto Siqueira

Quote:
> Hello group,

> Is there a function I can use to determine if a cdb file currently exists
on
> my handheld.  I wish to create a database upon startup if the file does
not
> exist.

> --
> Sincerely,

> Sean M. Severson
> Project Manager

> ===============================
> "Our aim is to become partners in your
> success through our performance."

> Technical Assistance Company
> 807 Forest Avenue
> Sheboygan Falls, WI  53085

> (920) 467-6711
> www.2tacweb.com
> ===============================

Thu, 22 Apr 2004 04:55:03 GMT

1. ADO- resizing existing fields (cannot be done in Visdata)

2. Doe a registry key exist?

3. files exists or not - says that it doesn't exist

4. File existing or not existing?

5. Check DLL-File (Exist DLL-File?)

6. How to append another word file into existing word file in VB

7. Adding Existing Files to Projects Causes a File Copy Over

8. Creating Movie Files from Existing Movie Files

9. File I/O - writing/inserting data to existing file

10. Create a new .wav file from an existing .wav file based on the date

11. File System Object & File Exists

12. Opening a dBase file : file not found but it exists really