Connect to database (.cdb) from a desktop PC with ActiveSync?
Author Message
 Connect to database (.cdb) from a desktop PC with ActiveSync?

Is it possible to connect to a database (.cdb) on the Pocket PC from the PC
with Visaul Basic?
I have transferred an Access database to my Pocket PC and want to connect to
it directly from my desktop PC.

Regards,
Geir Klungsoyr

Mon, 24 Nov 2003 16:59:10 GMT
 Connect to database (.cdb) from a desktop PC with ActiveSync?
You have the ADOCE API functions DEVICETODESKTOP and DESKTOPTODEVICE to move
tables and fields back and forth between a device and a desktop PC.

If you are looking at exploring, modifying the database directly on the
device from the desktop your best approach would be to write a simple
interface between a desktop app and a device app that would provide the
access you desire. You could do this with the Winsock control.

Quote:
> Is it possible to connect to a database (.cdb) on the Pocket PC from the
PC
> with Visaul Basic?
> I have transferred an Access database to my Pocket PC and want to connect
> it directly from my desktop PC.

> Regards,
> Geir Klungsoyr

Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:02:16 GMT

1. Synchronizing .cdb on Pocket PC to .mdb on Desktop PC

2. Copy cdb from device to desktop and remain cdb

3. database from pocket pc to desktop pc

4. Tables Missing from ActiveSync MDB-CDB conversion

5. How To Connect from a POCKET PC to a SQL SERVER on a DESKTOP

6. establish ActiveSync from pocket pc

7. error in copy cdb to desktop

8. Converting .cdb on Ipaq to .mdb on Desktop

9. Convert MDB to CDB to path on PC

10. ADO - Connect to a database on a PC

11. Exporting CDB to XML on Pocket PC

12. CDB on Pocket PC