SEEK Method in ADOCE 3.1
Author Message
 SEEK Method in ADOCE 3.1

Anybody know how to use Seek method in ADOCE 3.1? It always give me error
"Index is not specified" even I already create one using "Create Index".

When I use Sql Sever CE, seek method is working, but in Pocket Access give
me error.

You responds, tips or comment are  really appreciated.

Martin

Thu, 26 Aug 2004 07:24:59 GMT
 SEEK Method in ADOCE 3.1
Neither Seek or Find work apparently. I used SQL in the open of a seperate
recordset in order to find the desired record which works OK, albeit a
little cumbersome.

HTH

Tony

Quote:
> Anybody know how to use Seek method in ADOCE 3.1? It always give me error
> "Index is not specified" even I already create one using "Create Index".

> When I use Sql Sever CE, seek method is working, but in Pocket Access give
> me error.

> You responds, tips or comment are  really appreciated.

> Martin

Thu, 26 Aug 2004 08:35:39 GMT
 SEEK Method in ADOCE 3.1
Tony,

it means that Seek and Find Method can't be used with ADOCE 3.1 for
cdb(Pocket Access) file?
I tried seek using sql server ce, it works OK, but only for sdf(sqlserver
ce) file.

Martin

Quote:
> Neither Seek or Find work apparently. I used SQL in the open of a seperate
> recordset in order to find the desired record which works OK, albeit a
> little cumbersome.

> HTH

> Tony

> > Anybody know how to use Seek method in ADOCE 3.1? It always give me
error
> > "Index is not specified" even I already create one using "Create Index".

> > When I use Sql Sever CE, seek method is working, but in Pocket Access
give
> > me error.

> > You responds, tips or comment are  really appreciated.

> > Martin

Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:46:05 GMT
 SEEK Method in ADOCE 3.1
That's as I understand it, yes.

Quote:
> Tony,

> it means that Seek and Find Method can't be used with ADOCE 3.1 for
> cdb(Pocket Access) file?
> I tried seek using sql server ce, it works OK, but only for sdf(sqlserver
> ce) file.

> Martin

> > Neither Seek or Find work apparently. I used SQL in the open of a
seperate
> > recordset in order to find the desired record which works OK, albeit a
> > little cumbersome.

> > HTH

> > Tony

> > > Anybody know how to use Seek method in ADOCE 3.1? It always give me
> error
> > > "Index is not specified" even I already create one using "Create

> > > When I use Sql Sever CE, seek method is working, but in Pocket Access
> give
> > > me error.

> > > You responds, tips or comment are  really appreciated.

> > > Martin

Thu, 26 Aug 2004 21:38:33 GMT
 SEEK Method in ADOCE 3.1
The CEDB provider doesn't support Seek or Find.

-Chris

Quote:
> Tony,

> it means that Seek and Find Method can't be used with ADOCE 3.1 for
> cdb(Pocket Access) file?
> I tried seek using sql server ce, it works OK, but only for sdf(sqlserver
> ce) file.

> Martin

> > Neither Seek or Find work apparently. I used SQL in the open of a
seperate
> > recordset in order to find the desired record which works OK, albeit a
> > little cumbersome.

> > HTH

> > Tony

> > > Anybody know how to use Seek method in ADOCE 3.1? It always give me
> error
> > > "Index is not specified" even I already create one using "Create

> > > When I use Sql Sever CE, seek method is working, but in Pocket Access
> give
> > > me error.

> > > You responds, tips or comment are  really appreciated.

> > > Martin

Fri, 27 Aug 2004 04:44:35 GMT

1. Seek method don't work on ADOCE and ECDB

2. ADOCE 3.1 trouble

3. Getting ADOCE 3.1 installed on an old iPAQ 3650 Pocket PC 2002

4. ADOCE 3.1 - System Hang

5. SQLCE2.0 and ADOCE 3.1 Connection Property

6. ADOCE 3.1

7. How to install MS ADOCE 3.1 ??

8. ADOCE 3.1 and Where Clause

9. ADOCE 3.1 Access Specifications

10. ADOCE 3.1 PROBLEM IN EMULATOR AS TARGET DEVICE

11. Install Wizard only sees ADOCE 3.0 (not 3.1)

12. ppc 2002,evb 3.0,adoce 3.1 Can't create object