Embedded Visual Basic - SQL 2000 Server
Author Message
 Embedded Visual Basic - SQL 2000 Server

Hello!
Sorry for my English!

I would like to connect directly SQL 2000 Server from a
pocket PC. I would like use Embedded Visual Basic 3.0 .
It is possible?
I found many things the SQL Server CE. I must use this, or
can I connect SQL Server 200 directly from my pocket PC?

The following code is a Embedded Visual Basic 3.0 code
width Microsoft CE ADO Control 3.1 reference.
When I run this code, than the error message the folowing:
"Application error An error was encountered while running
this program: ADO could not find the specified provider."

My code:

Dim conn_General As ADOCE.Connection
Dim rs_General As ADOCE.Recordset

Set conn_General = CreateObject("ADOCE.Connection.3.1")
  conn_General.Open "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data
Source=ASD;Initial Catalog=EC4;User Id=sa;Password=;"

  Set rs_General = CreateObject("ADOCE.Recordset.3.1")
  rs_General.Open "Select CO_ID, CO_NAME From
CO_COUNTRY ", _
    conn_General, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic

But I find this code the help: ADOCE methods / Open
(Connection).

What are my possibilities?

Thank you the help.

Levente Ills

Sat, 17 Dec 2005 17:44:39 GMT
 Embedded Visual Basic - SQL 2000 Server
You cannot connect directly to a remote server from eVB 3.0.  There is an
article that provide assistance though on www.devbuzz.com.

--
Chris Tacke, eMVP
Windows CE Product Manager

[...]

Sat, 17 Dec 2005 21:09:15 GMT
 Embedded Visual Basic - SQL 2000 Server
Thank you!

I will see this solution!

BR:

Levente Ills

Quote:

Sat, 17 Dec 2005 22:10:33 GMT

1. BUG: Visual Basic 6.0 T-SQL Debugger Fails Against SQL Server 2000 Named Instance (Q310647)

2. eMbedded Visual Basic + Handheld PC 2000 SDK

3. VB6 application using SQL Server 2000 migrating db to SQL Server 2

4. Windows 2000, VB Script, Visual InterDev and SQL Server 7

5. Visual Data Manager and SQL Server 2000

6. Embedded SQL in Visual Basic?

7. Import text file in SQL Server 6.5 via SQL in Visual Basic

8. Application Development: MS-Access, Visual Basic, SQL Server, SQL Anywhere

9. Import text file in SQL Server 6.5 via SQL in Visual Basic

10. Executing MS SQL Server 2000 stored procs via MS Access 2000

11. CR8+VB6+SQL Server 2000 and Windows 2000

12. CR6 and SQL Server 2000 and Windows 2000