eVB & Jornada 720
Author Message
 eVB & Jornada 720

I recently received a new Jornada 720 for development after having been
using a HP Handheld 660LX for many months.  I can synchronize the new
handheld just fine using ActiveSync 3.1.   But when trying to use my
development tools such as eVB I run into connectivity issues.

When the code tries to execute on the device I receive,
"The Platform Manager could not connect to the device.  This happens if the
project type does not match the connected device, or if a required file in
Windows CE Services, or the Platform SDK is missing or corrupt.
(ErrorCode=0xLx)."

Any clues?  I've reinstalled Platform Builder 3.0 and still have no success.
Even the remote tools won't work.  ActiveSync runs just fine.

TIA
--
Patrick Logan, MCSD
Senior Technical Development Advisor

Opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of McKessonHBOC.

Fri, 16 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 eVB & Jornada 720
Hi Patrick,
had the same problem and found the solution in another article in the
newsgroups : There is a registry setting missing on the device.
You need to download a registry editor for the ARM, load it onto the
Jornada, then add a new Key :
Windows CE Tools
under HKLM.
Then enter a String value under this key :
Platform={0F9D255B-97DA-4641-A8E6-7A7411D2472F}
Then do a soft-reset of the Jornada.
After that the SDK Beta works quite well with the Jornada 720.
Regards,
    Niels

Quote:
> I recently received a new Jornada 720 for development after having
been
> using a HP Handheld 660LX for many months.  I can synchronize the
new
> handheld just fine using ActiveSync 3.1.   But when trying to use my
> development tools such as eVB I run into connectivity issues.

> When the code tries to execute on the device I receive,
> "The Platform Manager could not connect to the device.  This happens if
the
> project type does not match the connected device, or if a required file in
> Windows CE Services, or the Platform SDK is missing or corrupt.
> (ErrorCode=0xLx)."

> Any clues?  I've reinstalled Platform Builder 3.0 and still have no
success.
> Even the remote tools won't work.  ActiveSync runs just fine.

> TIA
> --
> Patrick Logan, MCSD
> Senior Technical Development Advisor
> McKessonHBOC -- Extended Care Solutions Group

> Opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of
McKessonHBOC.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 17 May 2003 12:14:57 GMT
 eVB & Jornada 720
What registry editor do you recommend, Niels?   I've been having the same
problem as Patrick, which I had attributed to earlier problems I encountered
installing eVT on my WinME system.  But it sounds like this should do the
trick.  Thanks.

Stephen Stuttman

Quote:
> Hi Patrick,
> had the same problem and found the solution in another article in the
> newsgroups : There is a registry setting missing on the device.
> You need to download a registry editor for the ARM, load it onto the
> Jornada, then add a new Key :
> Windows CE Tools
> under HKLM.
> Then enter a String value under this key :
> Platform={0F9D255B-97DA-4641-A8E6-7A7411D2472F}
> Then do a soft-reset of the Jornada.
> After that the SDK Beta works quite well with the Jornada 720.
> Regards,
>     Niels

Sat, 17 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 eVB & Jornada 720
I downloaded the MS Powertoys at
http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/downloads/powtoy30.asp.

I inserted the registry entry, but it still doesn't work.  I get a different
error now of "Connection Failed (Error Code = 0xLX)"

Any thoughts.... this supposedly fixed everyone else.   Anyone out there the
reg entry didn't work for either?

--
Patrick Logan, MCSD
Senior Technical Development Advisor
McKessonHBOC -- Extended Care Solutions Group

Opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of McKessonHBOC.

Sat, 17 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 eVB & Jornada 720
Scratch my previous message.  I just downloaded the editor from PowerToys,
added the registry key and string value, and it works like a charm.  Thanks
again Niels.

Stephen Stuttman

Sat, 17 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 eVB & Jornada 720
Did you have to reinstall the SDK or anything after making the registry
change?

--
Patrick Logan, MCSD
Senior Technical Development Advisor
McKessonHBOC -- Extended Care Solutions Group

Opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of McKessonHBOC.

Sat, 17 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 eVB & Jornada 720
No.  Just added the key, string name of Platform, string value the one
specified by Niels (in braces), reset the 720, and everything worked.  I am
however using the HPC2000 SDK beta; don't know if that's included with
Platform Builder as I am using only eVT 3.0.  Also, I recently upgraded
ActiveSync 3.1 to the new build version (9587); I don't know if that is
relevant or not.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
> Did you have to reinstall the SDK or anything after making the registry
> change?

> --
> Patrick Logan, MCSD
> Senior Technical Development Advisor
> McKessonHBOC -- Extended Care Solutions Group

> Opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of McKessonHBOC.

Sat, 17 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 eVB & Jornada 720
Got it working.... had to reinstall the HPC2K SDK to do it.

Thanks for everyone's assistance.

--
Patrick Logan, MCSD
Senior Technical Development Advisor
McKessonHBOC -- Extended Care Solutions Group

Opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of McKessonHBOC.

Sat, 17 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 eVB & Jornada 720

Quote:
> Got it working.... had to reinstall the HPC2K
SDK to do it.

> Thanks for everyone's assistance.

> --
> Patrick Logan, MCSD
> Senior Technical Development Advisor
> McKessonHBOC -- Extended Care Solutions Group

> Opinions expressed are my own and not

necessarily those of McKessonHBOC.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Sun, 01 Jun 2003 03:37:56 GMT

1. Problem with eVB 3 and Jornada 720

2. Jornada 720

3. Jornada 720

4. Jornada 720 windows Ce Tools registry entry

5. HP Jornada 720

6. Verkaufe HP Jornada 720

7. Printing w/ Jornada 720 and Embedded VB

8. Error message with the HPC 2000 SDK and the Jornada 720

9. Jornada 720

10. ADO for HPC 2000/Jornada 720?

11. How to configure vb to meet HP Jornada 720

12. How to configure vb to meet HP Jornada 720