HELP: RecordSet Filter Property !?
Author Message
 HELP: RecordSet Filter Property !?

Hi all,

After following these newsgroups for a while I know that Find and Seek are
not supported in ADOCE RecordSet for CEDB (*.cdb files). However, I don't
know whether or not the Filter property of the RecordSet having the same
fate as Find and Seek!!!

My question is:

If it's not supported, is there a way to work around other than having to
issue another Query to restrict the number of record to be displayed in
Grid?

If it is supported, then I am using it wrong. And if you could, please give
me some examples of using the filter property.

Thanks in advance

Mon, 18 Apr 2005 04:40:07 GMT
 HELP: RecordSet Filter Property !?

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 HELP: RecordSet Filter Property !?
Filter doesn't work, but you can create your own filter or simply use the
WHERE in your SQL.

Here is what I use for a filter:

Do While (Not rs.EOF)
        If (rs.Fields("YourField").Value <> YourFilterValue) Then
            rs.MoveNext
                Else
                    Exit Do
        End If
Loop

Quote:
> Hi all,

> After following these newsgroups for a while I know that Find and Seek are
> not supported in ADOCE RecordSet for CEDB (*.cdb files). However, I don't
> know whether or not the Filter property of the RecordSet having the same
> fate as Find and Seek!!!

> My question is:

> If it's not supported, is there a way to work around other than having to
> issue another Query to restrict the number of record to be displayed in
> Grid?

> If it is supported, then I am using it wrong. And if you could, please
give
> me some examples of using the filter property.

> Thanks in advance

Thu, 09 Jun 2005 07:36:57 GMT

1. Recordset.Filter Property

2. ADO Data Combo and Recordset Filter Property

3. ado Recordset Filter property

4. ADO Data Combo and Recordset Filter Property

5. Recordset Filter Property doesn't work!

6. ado recordset filter property

7. ADO Data Combo and Recordset Filter Property

8. Recordset Filter Property doesn't work!

9. Cloned Recordset lost Filter property

10. VB6 Filter property/recordset problem

11. ADO Data Combo and Recordset Filter Property

12. Cannot set filter property on Recordset.