Port a Pocket PC app to CE 3? Please help!
Author Message
 Port a Pocket PC app to CE 3? Please help!

Hi,
  I'm trying to port a Pocket PC app to CE 3 and having trouble. Is there
any way of converting the whole project? If I try to reload my Pocket PC
forms into a CE 3 project they show up in the IDE but not on the device, any
ideas why? I think I need an article are there any out there?

If theres just no quick way of doing this please let me know.

Cheers.

Sean

Mon, 17 Jan 2005 18:08:15 GMT
 Port a Pocket PC app to CE 3? Please help!
eVB ports really easily from Pocket PC to standard CE.  About the only thing
that doesn't work is the MenuBar.  Are you sure that the app startup is
still set to be a valid form_load or Sub Main?

--
Chris Tacke, eMVP
Windows CE Product Manager

Quote:
> Hi,
>   I'm trying to port a Pocket PC app to CE 3 and having trouble. Is there
> any way of converting the whole project? If I try to reload my Pocket PC
> forms into a CE 3 project they show up in the IDE but not on the device,
any
> ideas why? I think I need an article are there any out there?

> If theres just no quick way of doing this please let me know.

> Cheers.

> Sean

Mon, 17 Jan 2005 21:17:09 GMT
 Port a Pocket PC app to CE 3? Please help!
Take a look at this article, it may be of use:

http://devbuzz.com/content/zinc_evb_apps_portable_abstract_pg1.asp

--
Chris Tacke, eMVP
Windows CE Product Manager

Quote:
> Hi,
>   I'm trying to port a Pocket PC app to CE 3 and having trouble. Is there
> any way of converting the whole project? If I try to reload my Pocket PC
> forms into a CE 3 project they show up in the IDE but not on the device,
any
> ideas why? I think I need an article are there any out there?

> If theres just no quick way of doing this please let me know.

> Cheers.

> Sean

Mon, 17 Jan 2005 21:18:08 GMT

1. Pocket PC, eVB, SQL Server CE: Reccomendations please!

2. pocket pc transfer file to another pocket pc

3. Pocket PC s/w on ce.net platforms???

4. name confusion - pocket pc or windows ce

5. Problems using SQL CE on POCKET PC 2002 emulation

6. read blob data from sql server ce database in pocket pc

7. eVB Pocket Pc - Sql server ce

8. HOW TO: Run a program in Win CE Pocket PC emulator

9. Pocket PC = CE 3.0?

10. Newbie : Pocket PC/Handheld PC/Palm PC

11. Pocket PC Web App

12. Can VS.Net Pro create Pocket PC apps?