How to reference API functions with structure as parameter?
Author Message
 How to reference API functions with structure as parameter?

I have to reference the MailGet function in msgstore.dll . I can reference
MailOpen and MailClose without any problems.

However, I am having troubles accessing MailGet, because, the second
parameter is a "MailMsg" structure. eMBedded VB doesn't let you specify a
user-defined type as a parameter to a Declare Function (for reasons I can't
fathom!)

What to do? Is there a sneaky way to pass types/structures to Declare
Functions?

Or is there another interface to the Mail**** functions that I could use
instead?

Thu, 11 Nov 2004 08:42:18 GMT
 How to reference API functions with structure as parameter?
Hi

I am going to share the library that allows calling any API functions that
use structures and pointers from eVB applications.

The article and the library have been already submitted. I hope that the
article and the library should appear at DEVBUZZ.COM soon.

--
Yaroslav Goncharov
Smartphone Developer Network

Quote:
> I have to reference the MailGet function in msgstore.dll . I can reference
> MailOpen and MailClose without any problems.

> However, I am having troubles accessing MailGet, because, the second
> parameter is a "MailMsg" structure. eMBedded VB doesn't let you specify a
> user-defined type as a parameter to a Declare Function (for reasons I
can't
> fathom!)

> What to do? Is there a sneaky way to pass types/structures to Declare
> Functions?

> Or is there another interface to the Mail**** functions that I could use
> instead?

Fri, 12 Nov 2004 18:28:39 GMT

1. Exception when passing structure as a Win API parameter

2. Crystal Report API Functions and PELogOnInfo type structure

3. Crystal Report API Functions and and PELogOnInfo type structure

4. Crystal Report API Functions , PELogOnInfo type structure

5. Passing VB Structures to API Functions.

6. Defining a const reference as a parameter of a function

7. Specifying reference parameters in function

8. HELP: Are COM function parameters copied or referenced?

9. Referencing field values within SQL as function parameters

10. Please help me reference an API function declaration from inside a module

11. Calling Windows API functions with string parameters from Access

12. API Functions: Parameters conversion