Windows CE.NET AND VB.NET
Author Message
 Windows CE.NET AND VB.NET

Hi

Is ist possible to write an applictions for a
Windows CE.NET Device?

Developpment Tool: VB.NET
OS: Windows NT

must VB.NET on the Windows CE.NET Device installed or
only the Framework?

Thanks

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:32:50 GMT
 Windows CE.NET AND VB.NET
It's a little hard to understand exactly what you are asking, but you can
use Visual Studio 2003 Final Beta, which includes the .NET Compact
Framework, to write .NET applications to run on Pocket PC, Pocket PC 2002,
and Windows CE.NET 4.1 devices.

Since Visual Studio, including VB.NET, is a Win32 application and since
Windows CE is not Win32, you couldn't install VB.NET on a Windows CE.NET
device, even if you wanted to...

Paul T.

Quote:
> Hi

> Is ist possible to write an applictions for a
> Windows CE.NET Device?

> Developpment Tool: VB.NET
> OS: Windows NT

> must VB.NET on the Windows CE.NET Device installed or
> only the Framework?

> Thanks

Wed, 29 Jun 2005 00:27:13 GMT
 Windows CE.NET AND VB.NET

Hi

Thank you for your replay and sorry for my bad Englisch, I
will try to lern more:-).

My Problem und question was how to developp an Application
for a Windows CE.NET Device.
I wont to youse VB.NET as developping Language and dont
know if it is possible.

Thank you
Schukran
Merci
Vielen Dank
Taschakkur
Sahha

Fri, 01 Jul 2005 16:32:48 GMT
 Windows CE.NET AND VB.NET

Yes, you would use the Smart Device Extensions installed when you install
Visual Studio 2003, which is currently in beta.  Use the New Project wizard
and select Smart Device Application.  You'll have to establish ActiveSync
connectivity to the device, etc., but, other than that, there's not much to
it.  There's a newsgroup,
microsoft.public.dotnot.framework.compactframework, that addresses issues
with programming for the .NET Compact Framework on smart devices.

Paul T.

Quote:
> Hi

> Thank you for your replay and sorry for my bad Englisch, I
> will try to lern more:-).

> My Problem und question was how to developp an Application
> for a Windows CE.NET Device.
> I wont to youse VB.NET as developping Language and dont
> know if it is possible.

> Thank you
> Schukran
> Merci
> Vielen Dank
> Taschakkur
> Sahha

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 00:47:43 GMT
 Windows CE.NET AND VB.NET

It is possible.  As Paul said, you need Visual Studio 2003, which is in
Final Beta and availble through MSDN Universal subscription only right now.

--
Chris Tacke, eMVP
Windows CE Product Manager

Quote:
> Hi

> Thank you for your replay and sorry for my bad Englisch, I
> will try to lern more:-).

> My Problem und question was how to developp an Application
> for a Windows CE.NET Device.
> I wont to youse VB.NET as developping Language and dont
> know if it is possible.

> Thank you
> Schukran
> Merci
> Vielen Dank
> Taschakkur
> Sahha

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 00:40:54 GMT

1. VB.NET: Steps for Converting a Windows .NET Application to a Web .NET Application

2. How to get VB.Net working with CE.Net

3. VB .Net Standard 2003 and Windows CE/PocketPC

4. VB, ASP.NET on Windows CE

5. CE.NET VS.NET Video Files

6. Deploying vb.net windows form application on a pc without the .net framework

7. ANN: Windows CE .NET Chat (1/6/2003 10:00am Pacific time)

8. ANN: Windows CE .NET Chat (12/4/2002 10:00am Pacific time)

9. ANN: Windows CE .NET Chat (11/20/2002 1:00PM Pacific time)

10. Does eVB 3.0 Support Windows CE .NET 4.1 ?

11. SMART DEVICE EXTENSION (Windows CE.NET)

12. ANN: Windows CE .NET Chat (10/31/2002 1:00PM Pacific time)