Data types allowed in .cdb files
Author Message
 Data types allowed in .cdb files

Is anything other than text (pictures, wav files, etc.) supported in .cdb
files?  When converted, do these fields stay accessible and if so, how can
you access them?

Wed, 16 Jul 2003 00:38:31 GMT
 Data types allowed in .cdb files
Hi,

CDBs support blobs just like MDBs do... However, there are a few
restrictions you should be aware of...

1. By default, these fields are *not* copied down to the CE device during a
conversion.
You must explicitly specify any & all blob fields that you want to be
copied. (When sync-ing a CDB
for the first time, you are presented with a treeview listing the tables and
fields of the MDB. You must
expand this list and make sure the blob fields are checked.)

2. CDB blobs are bound by the same limitations as CEDB blobs, which is to
say 65K bytes.

Other than that, you can use blobs just like any other field.

--
Terence "Dr. CE" Goggin
Information Appliance Assoc.

Quote:
> Is anything other than text (pictures, wav files, etc.) supported in .cdb
> files?  When converted, do these fields stay accessible and if so, how can
> you access them?

Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:18:19 GMT
 Data types allowed in .cdb files
Thanks for your answer.  Pardon my inexperience, but what exactly is a blob?
Also, do you know how to access these blobs from ADOCE?

Wed, 16 Jul 2003 21:32:37 GMT
 Data types allowed in .cdb files
Greets,

    A "BLOB" is basically a "Binary Large OBject".  I mish-mish mosh of
anything that may consist of sounds, images, executable code, compressed
data, etc.  How to access them from ADOCE, that I'm afraid I don't know.

Regards,

Joe

Quote:
> Thanks for your answer.  Pardon my inexperience, but what exactly is a
blob?
> Also, do you know how to access these blobs from ADOCE?

Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:54:59 GMT

1. Allowed Public Property Get Data Types?

2. Synchronize data between cdb and mdb files

3. ADOCE looses data (.cdb files)

4. Why Can't I get data out of a CDB File

5. How to assocate VB app with file type and allow explorer to open documents

6. Copy cdb from device to desktop and remain cdb

7. I want to synchronize the MDB file with CDB file

8. Get error: Disallowed implicit conversion from data type varchar to data type money

9. Data type conversion error when saving numeric data types

10. Q: variant data type with user defined data type

11. C data type vs. VB Data type

12. ADO data types and vbasic data types mapping