My eVB app takes 5 seconds to load
Author Message
 My eVB app takes 5 seconds to load

Hi all,

I have written an app which works fine but takes 5 seconds to load.
Is there an easy way to make it run faster.
The ***.vb file is only 135 KB
Surely it should load faster than that.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Wed, 18 Aug 2004 06:47:19 GMT
 My eVB app takes 5 seconds to load
What are you doing at startup?  It's not because of file size, it's becasue
of your apps initialization activity.  Moving some of the code to run after
startup will help.  A splash screen may not be a bad idea either.

-Chris

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I have written an app which works fine but takes 5 seconds to load.
> Is there an easy way to make it run faster.
> The ***.vb file is only 135 KB
> Surely it should load faster than that.

> Any ideas ?

> Thanks

Wed, 18 Aug 2004 07:17:44 GMT
 My eVB app takes 5 seconds to load
 Thanks Chris.

I'm loading up data from a txt file into an array - Its about 3 Kb.
I'll shift some code and try a splash page.

Louis

Quote:
> What are you doing at startup?  It's not because of file size, it's
becasue
> of your apps initialization activity.  Moving some of the code to run
after
> startup will help.  A splash screen may not be a bad idea either.

> -Chris

> > Hi all,

> > I have written an app which works fine but takes 5 seconds to load.
> > Is there an easy way to make it run faster.
> > The ***.vb file is only 135 KB
> > Surely it should load faster than that.

> > Any ideas ?

> > Thanks

Wed, 18 Aug 2004 07:40:40 GMT

1. VB takes 4 second to load 14,380 customers into DB combo box

2. Launching eVB app from eVB app...

3. createobject of Excel.Application.8 takes 30 seconds

4. Why Parity Change Takes 1/4 Second???

5. Program takes 30 seconds to shutdown

6. VBScript taking a few seconds why?...

7. It takes 3 seconds to empty treeview...

8. It takes 3 seconds to empty treeview...

9. Query takes 0 seconds in Query Analyzer, times out in VB

10. Help Takes so long to load?

11. VB5 Takes too long to load!

12. VB5 takes too long to load!