Createprocess
Author Message
 Createprocess

Hi

I am wondering if any body can help with how I can use this function to call
a modem dialup connection in eVB.
Somebody did recommend this to me but I can not get it to work.

Thanks

Tofigh

Mon, 08 Dec 2003 07:11:30 GMT
 Createprocess
TA,

Here's a snipit of code I found in the archive:

'Code for the form:
'----------------------
Private Sub Command1_Click()
Dim lRisultato As Long
    lRisultato = CreateProcess("\windows\rnaapp.exe",
"-e""YourConnection"" -m", 0, 0, False, 0, 0, "", 0, 0)
    If lRisultato <> 1 Then
            ' Do some nice error handling here
    End If
End Sub
'----------------------

'Code for the module:
'----------------------
Declare Function CreateProcess Lib "Coredll.dll" Alias "CreateProcessW"
(ByVal lpApplicationName As String, _
    ByVal lpCommandLine As String, ByVal lpProcessAttributes As Long, ByVal
lpThreadAttributes As Long, _
    ByVal bInheritHandles As Long, ByVal dwCreationFlags As Long,
lpEnvironment As Long, ByVal lpCurrentDirectory As String, _
    lpStartupInfo As Long, lpProcessInfo As Long) As Long
'------------------------

Here's the link:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=createprocess+ras&hl=en&safe=off&rn...
=1&selm=e6%23pEEw%24%23GA.281%40cppssbbsa02.microsoft.com

Brian Crosby

Quote:
> Hi

> I am wondering if any body can help with how I can use this function to
call
> a modem dialup connection in eVB.
> Somebody did recommend this to me but I can not get it to work.

> Thanks

> Tofigh

Mon, 08 Dec 2003 09:47:11 GMT
 Createprocess
Hi Brian

Thanks for the sample code. It is a good start, although it seems like you
can not disconnect using the creatprocess function. I have just been looking
at some C++ functions and came across RasDail function. I am wondering if
with a help of a C++ programmer we can write a .dll that can be called from
eVB using this function (as it seems to handle all aspects of a connection)
and publish here for everybody to use.

I have been looking at other sites and it seems there are lots of people
looking for such a solution with very limmited success, uless you want to
pay for it.

If we can get a C++ programmer to give us some clues on how to do this and
give us a hand I think it can be done.

Any takers? or am I way off and it can not be done?

Tofigh

Quote:
> TA,

> Here's a snipit of code I found in the archive:

> 'Code for the form:
> '----------------------
> Private Sub Command1_Click()
> Dim lRisultato As Long
>     lRisultato = CreateProcess("\windows\rnaapp.exe",
> "-e""YourConnection"" -m", 0, 0, False, 0, 0, "", 0, 0)
>     If lRisultato <> 1 Then
>             ' Do some nice error handling here
>     End If
> End Sub
> '----------------------

> 'Code for the module:
> '----------------------
> Declare Function CreateProcess Lib "Coredll.dll" Alias "CreateProcessW"
> (ByVal lpApplicationName As String, _
>     ByVal lpCommandLine As String, ByVal lpProcessAttributes As Long,
ByVal
> lpThreadAttributes As Long, _
>     ByVal bInheritHandles As Long, ByVal dwCreationFlags As Long,
> lpEnvironment As Long, ByVal lpCurrentDirectory As String, _
>     lpStartupInfo As Long, lpProcessInfo As Long) As Long
> '------------------------

> Here's the link:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=createprocess+ras&hl=en&safe=off&rn...

> =1&selm=e6%23pEEw%24%23GA.281%40cppssbbsa02.microsoft.com

> Brian Crosby

> > Hi

> > I am wondering if any body can help with how I can use this function to
> call
> > a modem dialup connection in eVB.
> > Somebody did recommend this to me but I can not get it to work.

> > Thanks

> > Tofigh

Mon, 08 Dec 2003 13:00:47 GMT
 Createprocess
TA,

Check the devbuzz.com site - I think I saw a (free) utility similar to what
you're proposing.

Rgds,
Fitz

Quote:

>Hi Brian

>Thanks for the sample code. It is a good start, although it seems like you
>can not disconnect using the creatprocess function. I have just been
looking
>at some C++ functions and came across RasDail function. I am wondering if
>with a help of a C++ programmer we can write a .dll that can be called from
>eVB using this function (as it seems to handle all aspects of a connection)
>and publish here for everybody to use.

>I have been looking at other sites and it seems there are lots of people
>looking for such a solution with very limmited success, uless you want to
>pay for it.

>If we can get a C++ programmer to give us some clues on how to do this and
>give us a hand I think it can be done.

>Any takers? or am I way off and it can not be done?

>Tofigh

>> TA,

>> Here's a snipit of code I found in the archive:

>> 'Code for the form:
>> '----------------------
>> Private Sub Command1_Click()
>> Dim lRisultato As Long
>>     lRisultato = CreateProcess("\windows\rnaapp.exe",
>> "-e""YourConnection"" -m", 0, 0, False, 0, 0, "", 0, 0)
>>     If lRisultato <> 1 Then
>>             ' Do some nice error handling here
>>     End If
>> End Sub
>> '----------------------

>> 'Code for the module:
>> '----------------------
>> Declare Function CreateProcess Lib "Coredll.dll" Alias "CreateProcessW"
>> (ByVal lpApplicationName As String, _
>>     ByVal lpCommandLine As String, ByVal lpProcessAttributes As Long,
>ByVal
>> lpThreadAttributes As Long, _
>>     ByVal bInheritHandles As Long, ByVal dwCreationFlags As Long,
>> lpEnvironment As Long, ByVal lpCurrentDirectory As String, _
>>     lpStartupInfo As Long, lpProcessInfo As Long) As Long
>> '------------------------

>> Here's the link:

>http://groups.google.com/groups?q=createprocess+ras&hl=en&safe=off&rn...
>> =1&selm=e6%23pEEw%24%23GA.281%40cppssbbsa02.microsoft.com

>> Brian Crosby

>> > Hi

>> > I am wondering if any body can help with how I can use this function to
>> call
>> > a modem dialup connection in eVB.
>> > Somebody did recommend this to me but I can not get it to work.

>> > Thanks

>> > Tofigh

Mon, 08 Dec 2003 21:36:50 GMT
 Createprocess
Here's the link:
http://www.devbuzz.com/content/zinc_eVB_RAS_and_FTP_pg1.asp

Quote:
> TA,

> Check the devbuzz.com site - I think I saw a (free) utility similar to
what
> you're proposing.

> Rgds,
> Fitz

> >Hi Brian

> >Thanks for the sample code. It is a good start, although it seems like
you
> >can not disconnect using the creatprocess function. I have just been
> looking
> >at some C++ functions and came across RasDail function. I am wondering if
> >with a help of a C++ programmer we can write a .dll that can be called
from
> >eVB using this function (as it seems to handle all aspects of a
connection)
> >and publish here for everybody to use.

> >I have been looking at other sites and it seems there are lots of people
> >looking for such a solution with very limmited success, uless you want to
> >pay for it.

> >If we can get a C++ programmer to give us some clues on how to do this
and
> >give us a hand I think it can be done.

> >Any takers? or am I way off and it can not be done?

> >Tofigh

> >> TA,

> >> Here's a snipit of code I found in the archive:

> >> 'Code for the form:
> >> '----------------------
> >> Private Sub Command1_Click()
> >> Dim lRisultato As Long
> >>     lRisultato = CreateProcess("\windows\rnaapp.exe",
> >> "-e""YourConnection"" -m", 0, 0, False, 0, 0, "", 0, 0)
> >>     If lRisultato <> 1 Then
> >>             ' Do some nice error handling here
> >>     End If
> >> End Sub
> >> '----------------------

> >> 'Code for the module:
> >> '----------------------
> >> Declare Function CreateProcess Lib "Coredll.dll" Alias "CreateProcessW"
> >> (ByVal lpApplicationName As String, _
> >>     ByVal lpCommandLine As String, ByVal lpProcessAttributes As Long,
> >ByVal
> >> lpThreadAttributes As Long, _
> >>     ByVal bInheritHandles As Long, ByVal dwCreationFlags As Long,
> >> lpEnvironment As Long, ByVal lpCurrentDirectory As String, _
> >>     lpStartupInfo As Long, lpProcessInfo As Long) As Long
> >> '------------------------

> >> Here's the link:

>http://groups.google.com/groups?q=createprocess+ras&hl=en&safe=off&rn...
> >> =1&selm=e6%23pEEw%24%23GA.281%40cppssbbsa02.microsoft.com

> >> Brian Crosby

> >> call

Tue, 09 Dec 2003 02:06:44 GMT

1. API CreateProcess Function

2. CreateProcess-APICall in Access97

3. Using CreateProcess or ShellExecute (VB4-32Bit)

4. CreateProcess won't work

5. How to use Win API CreateProcess() in VB?

6. Open internet explorer with createprocess api: same for different charsets (engl, japanese)

7. CreateProcess Api returns a bad Pid

8. Strange CreateProcess problem

9. WinAPI CreateProcess - CreatePipe - ReadFile

10. CreateProcess Conundrum

11. VB5 Question about CreateProcess 32bit API call

12. CreateProcess returning a value of zero