grid control problems
Author Message
 grid control problems

I am trying to implement a grid control in my program.

I need the grid row to turn blue just like a list box does when the user
taps on a grid row. I also would like to disable the user's ability to
select multiple rows or columns. The user can only select 1 row at a time in
this app. I needed a grid because I have multiple columns to display.

Anyone know what properties to set? I have tried all of the ones I find
available with no luck. Surely it is possible. This is the most basic of
grid functionality.

Thanks in advance.
Tommy

Sat, 17 Dec 2005 00:36:40 GMT
 grid control problems

Quote:
> I am trying to implement a grid control in my program.

> I need the grid row to turn blue just like a list box does when the user
> taps on a grid row. I also would like to disable the user's ability to
> select multiple rows or columns. The user can only select 1 row at a time
in
> this app. I needed a grid because I have multiple columns to display.

> Anyone know what properties to set? I have tried all of the ones I find
> available with no luck. Surely it is possible. This is the most basic of
> grid functionality.

There is a MultiSelect thing you can set false so that the user can't select
more than one row.
There is also a Select entire row thing that makes sure that complete rows
gets selected.

I can't remember the correct names of the properties as I don't have eVB
handy here.

/Keld Laursen

Sat, 17 Dec 2005 06:29:22 GMT
 grid control problems

Quote:
> > I need the grid row to turn blue just like a list box
> > does when the user taps on a grid row.

As long as you set the HighLight property to a value
other than flexHighlightNever, the selected row (or cell)
should turn to color set by BackColorSel property.

Highlighting the selected row entirely (or the selected cell only)
depends on the value of SelectionMode property.
It should be set to flexSelectionByRow to higlight the
entire row.

Quote:
> > I also would like to disable the user's ability to
> > select multiple rows or columns. The user can only
> > select 1 row at a time in this app.
> There is a MultiSelect thing you can set false so that
> the user can't select more than one row.

As far as I know there's no such property unfortunately.
There is a MultiSelect property of grid control in *VB6*.
I'm clueless as to why  but it seems that they left it out
when porting to eVB.

Hope this helps,
Serdar Aytamaner

Sat, 17 Dec 2005 07:13:38 GMT
 grid control problems

Quote:
> Highlighting the selected row entirely (or the selected cell only)
> depends on the value of SelectionMode property.
> It should be set to flexSelectionByRow to higlight the
> entire row.
> > There is a MultiSelect thing you can set false so that
> > the user can't select more than one row.

> As far as I know there's no such property unfortunately.
> There is a MultiSelect property of grid control in *VB6*.
> I'm clueless as to why  but it seems that they left it out
> when porting to eVB.

You are right. I am confusing it with setting SelectionMode to
FlexSelectionFree.
But that won't allow free selection but only a freely defineable rectangle
within the grid (IIRC).

/Keld Laursen

Sat, 17 Dec 2005 15:16:04 GMT

1. Data Grid Control Problems

2. Data Grid Control Problem

3. Data Grid control problem - urgent help required

4. VB 3.0 Grid Control Problem

5. Grid control problem

6. MSFlex Grid Control Problem

7. VB 6 - Grid Control problem

8. VB 6 Grid Control problem

9. Grid Control Problem

10. Grid Control Problem . . .

11. Grid Design-Time Control problem

12. HELP - Tough Math Problem with Grid Control