How to slow down keyboard acceptance rate?
Author Message
 How to slow down keyboard acceptance rate?

Hi,

I need to find a way of controlling the amount of time that it takes to
accept key presses from the keyboard. The purpose is: to filter out unwanted
key presses and only accept key presses that are held down for a specified
period of time (up to 2-3 seconds).

I've looked at the API calls but didn't see one that I could recognize as
being used for this purpose. I was hopeful that there may also be a registry
setting that would take care of this - but didn't find one. Unfortunately,
the function in question is not available in the Control Panel/Keyboard
options.

I'm using EVB to program for HPC2000 device (NEC MobilePro 790). I'm aware
of the Form.KeyPreview property but for reasons of code complexity, I cannot
use that option.

I will appreciate any feedback...

Bob Gately

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 23:25:54 GMT

1. how to slow down keyboard acceptance?

2. Keyboard Type Repeat Rate

3. changing keyboard repeat rate from QB

4. How to set keyboard repeat/delay rate?

5. Keyboard cursor rate

6. Need help Disabling Keyboard Delays and Rate...

7. Keyboard cursor rate

8. Barcode Scanner keyboard input slow in VB5

9. ?detecting multiple keyboard keys down?

10. How to drop down combo box using keyboard?

11. Misc Questions, DLLs, No monitor/keyboard, shutting down

12. How to drop down combo box using keyboard?