DEVICETODESKTOP and DESKTOPTODEVICE
Author Message
 DEVICETODESKTOP and DESKTOPTODEVICE

I got <subj> to work using delphi.
It still takes some time to get the data shuffled around, but the time spent
is not that bad.

Still, the machine just sits there, with my app very unresponsive while the
data are transferred and converted.
Are there any way to get some kind of progress info from <subj>, or do I
just have to live with it?

Of course, I can fake some kind of Netscape activity bar, and probably run
<subj> in another thread in order to keep my program somewhat responsive.

Any suggestions?

Keld Laursen

PS: I looked at m.p.p.activesync, but that didn't seem like a group for this
kind of questions.

Sat, 16 Apr 2005 18:46:07 GMT
 DEVICETODESKTOP and DESKTOPTODEVICE
Hey Keld,

While you can always implement some type of ProgressBar, there is,
unfortunately, no way to get a *real* progress status from these function
calls.

hth,
Michael Fosmire
Community Program Manager, Windows Embedded

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 00:04:51 GMT
 DEVICETODESKTOP and DESKTOPTODEVICE

Quote:
> Hey Keld,

> While you can always implement some type of ProgressBar, there is,
> unfortunately, no way to get a *real* progress status from these function
> calls.

Thanks Michael.

Are the above mentioned functions built on the RAPI API functions?

I have just started fiddling with it (need to copy some other files as
well), and have noticed that RAPI contains a largish set of
database-relevant functions.
Right now, I don't have time to do the whole thing using RAPI only, but just
for reference...

Best regards,

Keld Laursen

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:55:58 GMT
 DEVICETODESKTOP and DESKTOPTODEVICE
Hey Keld,

DesktopToDevice and DeviceToDesktop are in the adofiltr.dll.  I confess
that I haven't played with it a lot, but I'm pretty sure that the RAPI
database calls will allow you to create a database on the device, but they
won't really handle conversion or filtering from an MDB to a CDB.

hth,
Michael Fosmire
Community Program Manager, Windows Embedded

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 23:48:37 GMT
 DEVICETODESKTOP and DESKTOPTODEVICE

Quote:
> DesktopToDevice and DeviceToDesktop are in the adofiltr.dll.  I confess
> that I haven't played with it a lot, but I'm pretty sure that the RAPI
> database calls will allow you to create a database on the device, but they
> won't really handle conversion or filtering from an MDB to a CDB.

If I read them correctly, then they will allow you to read, write and delete
database entries. But you have to write all the rules yourself.
That will probably be too much work, considering that the adofiltr.dll does
do the job.

Keld Laursen

Sat, 23 Apr 2005 03:53:26 GMT

1. DEVICETODESKTOP and DESKTOPTODEVICE error trapping

2. DeviceToDesktop and/or DesktopToDevice in other than VB.

3. Alternatives adofiltr.dll devicetodesktop desktoptodevice

4. DESKTOPTODEVICE vs. DEVICETODESKTOP

5. DeviceToDesktop unreliable

6. DEVICETODESKTOP error

7. DEVICETODESKTOP /ActiveSync 3.5 Problem

8. DEVICETODESKTOP / ActiveSync 3.5 error

9. DEVICETODESKTOP problem

10. DESKTOPTODEVICE question ...

11. Error 3840 after ActiveSync DESKTOPTODEVICE call

12. using desktoptodevice