Serious Memory Problem
Author Message
 Serious Memory Problem

Hi,

I have a small application, less than 100k in size.

It only uses around four forms, and each form doesnt have anything too
'streneous' on it, but when all forms are loaded at some point (I cant
unload them in eVB), the program either just spontaneously exits, becomes
unresponsive, etc, just before showing the last window.

Seems the problem is with two forms each containing a PictureBox.

Not sure how this can be solved. I imagine its due to some kind of memory
problem. I have used frames rather than forms where possible, but wouldnt
like to base my whole app on just one form. In the past I have developed a
proggie using more than 12 forms, larger than 170kb in size, and have had no
problem...

Anyone had similar experiences a solution?

Sun, 16 Jan 2005 02:46:07 GMT
 Serious Memory Problem
Sounds like a memory leak somewhere, but without a better understanding of
the code, we'll be hard pressed to help.

-Chris

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have a small application, less than 100k in size.

> It only uses around four forms, and each form doesnt have anything too
> 'streneous' on it, but when all forms are loaded at some point (I cant
> unload them in eVB), the program either just spontaneously exits, becomes
> unresponsive, etc, just before showing the last window.

> Seems the problem is with two forms each containing a PictureBox.

> Not sure how this can be solved. I imagine its due to some kind of memory
> problem. I have used frames rather than forms where possible, but wouldnt
> like to base my whole app on just one form. In the past I have developed a
> proggie using more than 12 forms, larger than 170kb in size, and have had
no
> problem...

> Anyone had similar experiences a solution?

Sun, 16 Jan 2005 03:24:37 GMT

1. Serious Memory Problem

2. Serious Memory Leak in Loading/Unloading UserControls dynamically

3. Serious memory leak in ADO 2.1

4. Serious Memory Leak in Loading/Unloading UserControls dynamically

5. serious problem With Recordsetclone

6. Serious OLE Problem...Please Help!

7. A serious problem

8. Serious reinstallation problem with Office (Access)

9. serious problem - need help on disposed object error

10. repost: Serious Problem debugging in the ide

11. Serious VB.net speed problems

12. Serious problem implementing a connection point