Strange behaviour in the KeyDown event
Author Message
 Strange behaviour in the KeyDown event

Hi,

Anyone noticed that when running an eVB3 app in the CE emulator and pressing
a cursor key makes the event trigger twice???

If so, could you please confirm that it works OK on a proper handheld
device.

Thanks.

I am using the HPC/Pro Emulator.

Regards,

Rob

Tue, 11 Feb 2003 18:16:25 GMT
 Strange behaviour in the KeyDown event
I noticed the same thing - both in eVB (3.0 w/pocketpc) and VBCE (2.0
w/handheld pc), same app.

I don't have a PocketPC, but do have an HPC. The phenomenon does NOT appear
on my real HPC device.

I "fixed" the version for PocketPC by adding a check in the KeyDown event
for erroneous/doubled input. (This won't work in all cases.)

Adrian Mannella

Quote:
> Hi,

> Anyone noticed that when running an eVB3 app in the CE emulator and
pressing
> a cursor key makes the event trigger twice???

> If so, could you please confirm that it works OK on a proper handheld
> device.

> Thanks.

> I am using the HPC/Pro Emulator.

> Regards,

> Rob

Thu, 13 Feb 2003 07:23:36 GMT
 Strange behaviour in the KeyDown event

Quote:
> I noticed the same thing - both in eVB (3.0 w/pocketpc) and VBCE (2.0
> w/handheld pc), same app.

> I don't have a PocketPC, but do have an HPC. The phenomenon does NOT
appear
> on my real HPC device.

> I "fixed" the version for PocketPC by adding a check in the KeyDown event
> for erroneous/doubled input. (This won't work in all cases.)

Adrian,

I did the same thing.  I can't understand how Microsoft have managed to get
the same bug through 2 versions of the development environment!  It isn't as
though you would never come across it, as I think it is a pretty major thing
and one of the first things that you find.

At least I wasn't seeing things, and thanks for the reply.

Regards,

Rob

Sat, 15 Feb 2003 17:10:42 GMT

1. Strange behaviour of AfterUpdate event

2. Strange control event behaviour

3. Strange control event behaviour

4. How to avoid KeyPress event after a specific KeyDown event

5. strange behaviour of a subform, or a bug?

6. Strange Access behaviour or Bug, or what ?!?

7. Strange Behaviour

8. Strange behaviour of toolbars

9. XP users - Strange date behaviour

10. Strange behaviour in Word

11. DT Picker Control on Multi Page - Strange Behaviour

12. Public folders strange behaviour ?