Problem with eVB 3 and Jornada 720
Author Message
 Problem with eVB 3 and Jornada 720

Hi,

I've a Jornada 720, I use the Microsoft ActiveSync 3.6 and a base(serial
com1).
I download the Microsoft eMbedded Visual Tools to develop applications and
download HPC2K-SDK_USA because my handheld is HPC 2000 (windows ce 3.0)

When I start the eVB 3, I chose "Windows CE HPC 2000 Project". When I press
F5 to execute de application it must connect with my Jornada and open it.
But it not connect, a message error is display: "The target platform does
not match the device currenty connected to your system.
       Please verify that the proper device is attached."

But whe I go in the Project, Properties and chose "Configure Target" I make
a test and comunication with device is OK.

The more curious is when I execute a Application how come whih eMbedded
Visual Tools "CEZOOM.EXE" and than connect with my device.

I forgot any thing ?

Thanks all !!!!

Luis Gustavo

My english is poor : (  !!!

Tue, 20 Sep 2005 20:26:52 GMT
 Problem with eVB 3 and Jornada 720
I have the same problem with NEC mobole pro p300, because
the processor supported is only strong arm SA 1100, and
mine is SA 1110.
solution.
Check your processor support.

Quote:

Fri, 23 Sep 2005 03:08:48 GMT
 Problem with eVB 3 and Jornada 720
The SA1100 and 1110 are essentially identical.  Code that runs on one runs
on the other.

-Chris

Quote:
> I have the same problem with NEC mobole pro p300, because
> the processor supported is only strong arm SA 1100, and
> mine is SA 1110.
> solution.
> Check your processor support.

Fri, 23 Sep 2005 06:13:45 GMT
 Problem with eVB 3 and Jornada 720
There is a known registry key that by default is missing on the Jornada 720

In this Newsgroup search on  : jornada 720 registry platform,
This will give you some threads on this issue.

Hope this helps.

Paul Newton

Quote:
> The SA1100 and 1110 are essentially identical.  Code that runs on one runs
> on the other.

> -Chris

> > I have the same problem with NEC mobole pro p300, because
> > the processor supported is only strong arm SA 1100, and
> > mine is SA 1110.
> > solution.
> > Check your processor support.

Fri, 23 Sep 2005 16:52:42 GMT
 Problem with eVB 3 and Jornada 720
Im not found "jornada 720 registry platform". Can you post again for me ?

Quote:
> There is a known registry key that by default is missing on the Jornada
720

> In this Newsgroup search on  : jornada 720 registry platform,
> This will give you some threads on this issue.

> Hope this helps.

> Paul Newton

> > The SA1100 and 1110 are essentially identical.  Code that runs on one
runs
> > on the other.

> > -Chris

> > > I have the same problem with NEC mobole pro p300, because
> > > the processor supported is only strong arm SA 1100, and
> > > mine is SA 1110.
> > > solution.
> > > Check your processor support.

Fri, 23 Sep 2005 18:45:05 GMT
 Problem with eVB 3 and Jornada 720
Where can I see this option ?
I try to search this option in eVB but ...

Quote:
> I have the same problem with NEC mobole pro p300, because
> the processor supported is only strong arm SA 1100, and
> mine is SA 1110.
> solution.
> Check your processor support.

Fri, 23 Sep 2005 18:48:00 GMT
 Problem with eVB 3 and Jornada 720
Which option?  Your device is a StrongARM, so it doesn't matter wheter it's
a 1100 or an 1110.  The System Properies might say which it is, but it may
also just say StrongARM.

-Chris

Quote:
> Where can I see this option ?
> I try to search this option in eVB but ...

> > I have the same problem with NEC mobole pro p300, because
> > the processor supported is only strong arm SA 1100, and
> > mine is SA 1110.
> > solution.
> > Check your processor support.

Fri, 23 Sep 2005 19:38:39 GMT
 Problem with eVB 3 and Jornada 720
Did you search WITHOUT the quotes, e.g. jornada 720 registry platform
and not "jornada 720 registry platform"?

I've just searched in the microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vb
Newsgroup and it returned 32 hits on the subject.

Paul Newton

Quote:
> Im not found "jornada 720 registry platform". Can you post again for me ?

> > There is a known registry key that by default is missing on the Jornada
>  720

> > In this Newsgroup search on  : jornada 720 registry platform,
> > This will give you some threads on this issue.

> > Hope this helps.

> > Paul Newton

> > > The SA1100 and 1110 are essentially identical.  Code that runs on one
>  runs
> > > on the other.

> > > -Chris

Fri, 23 Sep 2005 22:18:20 GMT
 Problem with eVB 3 and Jornada 720
Yes, I was traing WITHOUT the quotes.
But I find:

            HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Windows CE Tools
String Value

Platform={0F9D255B-97DA-4641-A8E6-7A7411D2472F}

Quote:
> Did you search WITHOUT the quotes, e.g. jornada 720 registry platform
> and not "jornada 720 registry platform"?

> I've just searched in the microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vb
> Newsgroup and it returned 32 hits on the subject.

> Paul Newton

Quote:
?

> > > There is a known registry key that by default is missing on the
Jornada
> >  720

> > > In this Newsgroup search on  : jornada 720 registry platform,
> > > This will give you some threads on this issue.

> > > Hope this helps.

> > > Paul Newton

> >  runs

Sat, 24 Sep 2005 00:51:46 GMT
 Problem with eVB 3 and Jornada 720
Thank's for all !!!!!

Quote:
> Hi,

> I've a Jornada 720, I use the Microsoft ActiveSync 3.6 and a base(serial
> com1).
> I download the Microsoft eMbedded Visual Tools to develop applications and
> download HPC2K-SDK_USA because my handheld is HPC 2000 (windows ce 3.0)

> When I start the eVB 3, I chose "Windows CE HPC 2000 Project". When I
press
> F5 to execute de application it must connect with my Jornada and open it.
> But it not connect, a message error is display: "The target platform does
> not match the device currenty connected to your system.
>        Please verify that the proper device is attached."

> But whe I go in the Project, Properties and chose "Configure Target" I
make
> a test and comunication with device is OK.

> The more curious is when I execute a Application how come whih eMbedded
> Visual Tools "CEZOOM.EXE" and than connect with my device.

> I forgot any thing ?

> Thanks all !!!!

> Luis Gustavo

> My english is poor : (  !!!

Sat, 24 Sep 2005 00:53:11 GMT
 Problem with eVB 3 and Jornada 720
Yes, I think that is the change that you need to do in the registry of
your device to make it work.

Quote:
> Yes, I was traing WITHOUT the quotes.
> But I find:

>             HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Windows CE Tools
> String Value

> Platform={0F9D255B-97DA-4641-A8E6-7A7411D2472F}

> > Did you search WITHOUT the quotes, e.g. jornada 720 registry platform
> > and not "jornada 720 registry platform"?

> > I've just searched in the microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vb
> > Newsgroup and it returned 32 hits on the subject.

> > Paul Newton

> > > Im not found "jornada 720 registry platform". Can you post again for me
>  ?

>  Jornada
>  720

>  one
>  runs

Sat, 24 Sep 2005 22:20:24 GMT
 Problem with eVB 3 and Jornada 720
Yes is this.

Quote:
> Yes, I think that is the change that you need to do in the registry of
> your device to make it work.

Quote:
> > Yes, I was traing WITHOUT the quotes.
> > But I find:

> >             HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Windows CE Tools
> > String Value

> > Platform={0F9D255B-97DA-4641-A8E6-7A7411D2472F}

> > > Did you search WITHOUT the quotes, e.g. jornada 720 registry platform
> > > and not "jornada 720 registry platform"?

> > > I've just searched in the microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vb
> > > Newsgroup and it returned 32 hits on the subject.

> > > Paul Newton

> >  ?

> >  Jornada
> >  720

message

> >  one
> >  runs

Sun, 25 Sep 2005 18:53:08 GMT

1. eVB & Jornada 720

2. HPC 2000 with HP Jornada 720 problems

3. HPC 2000 with HP Jornada 720 problems - More

4. Jornada 720

5. Jornada 720

6. Jornada 720 windows Ce Tools registry entry

7. HP Jornada 720

8. Verkaufe HP Jornada 720

9. Printing w/ Jornada 720 and Embedded VB

10. Error message with the HPC 2000 SDK and the Jornada 720

11. Jornada 720

12. ADO for HPC 2000/Jornada 720?