BarCode scanning for PocketPC
Author Message
 BarCode scanning for PocketPC

I need to do some development on a PPC device that will
scan barcodes (device made by Symbol). I have seen
products by 3rd parties, but does anyone have any
knowledge of coding this sort of thing using eMbeddedVB?
Or perhaps where I can get some resources about it

Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:03:20 GMT
 BarCode scanning for PocketPC

Quote:
> I need to do some development on a PPC device that will
> scan barcodes (device made by Symbol). I have seen
> products by 3rd parties, but does anyone have any
> knowledge of coding this sort of thing using eMbeddedVB?
> Or perhaps where I can get some resources about it

If I were you, I would contact either Symbol or their local representative.
They have always been very helpful to me (here in Denmark). They have
provided me with examples, drivers and what-have-you. As this were for their
Palm-compatible devices, it won't help you, but my guess is that they can
provide the same service and support to CE devices.

Keld Laursen

Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:54:18 GMT
 BarCode scanning for PocketPC
I'm currently working on a similar app using an Intermec scanner with
PPC 2002.  When I scan, the scanned barcode value just drops into the
control that has the focus (e.g. a textbox).    Put an appropriate
postamble on your scan e.g. "tab" or "enter" (probably in the scan set
up) and watch for this in the keypress event of the control.  This
signifies completed scan.  From here you can validate data in text box,
put value into cdb file etc.  HTH.
Malcolm Lord
Quote:

> I need to do some development on a PPC device that will
> scan barcodes (device made by Symbol). I have seen
> products by 3rd parties, but does anyone have any
> knowledge of coding this sort of thing using eMbeddedVB?
> Or perhaps where I can get some resources about it

Sat, 29 Jan 2005 20:16:30 GMT
 BarCode scanning for PocketPC
I am using Symbol PocketPCs (PPT 2846 and PDT8146). Both with Scanners and
WLAN. It is no problem to program the scanner e.g. from eVB. On the
developer homepage from Symbol (devzone.symbol.com) you can download (after
registration) the SDKs for the PocketPCs, including examples for eVC and
eVB, drivers and sourcecode. There is also a tool available, called
Scanwedge, which is an emulation for the scanner, complety integrated into a
keyboard, so you could scan every time whithout any line programming.

/Martin

Quote:
> I need to do some development on a PPC device that will
> scan barcodes (device made by Symbol). I have seen
> products by 3rd parties, but does anyone have any
> knowledge of coding this sort of thing using eMbeddedVB?
> Or perhaps where I can get some resources about it

Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:52:49 GMT

1. barcode scanning in eVB on PocketPC under WindowsCE

2. Help with barcode scanning

3. Can't scan a barcode

4. Question about handling barcode scanning

5. scan print barcode label

6. BarCode Scanning System???

7. Barcode-scanning OCX needed

8. Barcode scanning into VB5 app

9. URGENT: Please help, barcode scanning

10. Questions about adding barcode scanning capability

11. how to scan image in black&white format using kodak image scan control

12. Port scan and IP scan ..