Smart Device Extensions & .NET Compact Framework
Author Message
 Smart Device Extensions & .NET Compact Framework

Hello everyone,

I am interested in finding the Smart Device Extension for Visual Studio .NET
and the .NET Compact Framework. I have looked everywhere that any newbie
could look and can not find it. The closest thing I have found is Windows CE
.NET Emulation Edition, but I do not think this is what I am after.

If anyone knows how I can get these tools ASAP, I would be eternally
grateful to anyone who shares that information.

Thanks,

Rick

Sat, 14 Aug 2004 05:53:03 GMT
 Smart Device Extensions & .NET Compact Framework
Rick,
Only the preview has been released and it does not work
with the production version of VS.Net.  It think it will
run on a the canidate. Check the .NET
Development/Framework/dotnet.framework.compactframework
newgroup for several threads of discussion on the topic
of where to find it and when it will be released.

Quote:

Sat, 14 Aug 2004 06:25:37 GMT
 Smart Device Extensions & .NET Compact Framework
Wouldn't you know it, my news server doesn't have a that listed.

Do you know were I may get ahold of what is currently out there?

Thanks,

Rick

Quote:
> Rick,
> Only the preview has been released and it does not work
> with the production version of VS.Net.  It think it will
> run on a the canidate. Check the .NET
> Development/Framework/dotnet.framework.compactframework
> newgroup for several threads of discussion on the topic
> of where to find it and when it will be released.

Sat, 14 Aug 2004 07:10:42 GMT
 Smart Device Extensions & .NET Compact Framework
The current SDE is a tech preview (read pretty much unusable for anything
but looking around) and is missing some key things (i.e. a form designer).
If you really must have it though, it's availble for download through an
MSDN subscription.  It was available at www.developersore.com, but the site
has been down for a while.

The beta is suppoesed to come out "Q1 of 02."

-Chris

Quote:
> Wouldn't you know it, my news server doesn't have a that listed.

> Do you know were I may get ahold of what is currently out there?

> Thanks,

> Rick

> > Rick,
> > Only the preview has been released and it does not work
> > with the production version of VS.Net.  It think it will
> > run on a the canidate. Check the .NET
> > Development/Framework/dotnet.framework.compactframework
> > newgroup for several threads of discussion on the topic
> > of where to find it and when it will be released.

Sat, 14 Aug 2004 07:48:20 GMT
 Smart Device Extensions & .NET Compact Framework
Wow a new site!!! Thanks Chris... I'll keep my eye out here...

Any more explanation on the beta release of q1 of 02? kinda vague...

Thanks,

Rick

Quote:
> The current SDE is a tech preview (read pretty much unusable for anything
> but looking around) and is missing some key things (i.e. a form designer).
> If you really must have it though, it's availble for download through an
> MSDN subscription.  It was available at www.developersore.com, but the
site
> has been down for a while.

> The beta is suppoesed to come out "Q1 of 02."

> -Chris

> > Wouldn't you know it, my news server doesn't have a that listed.

> > Do you know were I may get ahold of what is currently out there?

> > Thanks,

> > Rick

> > > Rick,
> > > Only the preview has been released and it does not work
> > > with the production version of VS.Net.  It think it will
> > > run on a the canidate. Check the .NET
> > > Development/Framework/dotnet.framework.compactframework
> > > newgroup for several threads of discussion on the topic
> > > of where to find it and when it will be released.

Sat, 14 Aug 2004 07:55:54 GMT
 Smart Device Extensions & .NET Compact Framework
Can somebody tell me what the Windows CE .NET Emulation Edition really is?
Cause I started to download it but it's 500MB, which is quiet a lot for a
emulation..

Geert

Quote:
> Hello everyone,

> I am interested in finding the Smart Device Extension for Visual Studio
.NET
> and the .NET Compact Framework. I have looked everywhere that any newbie
> could look and can not find it. The closest thing I have found is Windows
CE
> .NET Emulation Edition, but I do not think this is what I am after.

> If anyone knows how I can get these tools ASAP, I would be eternally
> grateful to anyone who shares that information.

> Thanks,

> Rick

Sun, 15 Aug 2004 00:45:41 GMT
 Smart Device Extensions & .NET Compact Framework
It's essentially Platform Builder 4.0 that will allow you to build an image
only for the emulator.

-Chris

Quote:
> Can somebody tell me what the Windows CE .NET Emulation Edition really is?
> Cause I started to download it but it's 500MB, which is quiet a lot for a
> emulation..

> Geert

> > Hello everyone,

> > I am interested in finding the Smart Device Extension for Visual Studio
> .NET
> > and the .NET Compact Framework. I have looked everywhere that any newbie
> > could look and can not find it. The closest thing I have found is
Windows
> CE
> > .NET Emulation Edition, but I do not think this is what I am after.

> > If anyone knows how I can get these tools ASAP, I would be eternally
> > grateful to anyone who shares that information.

> > Thanks,

> > Rick

Sun, 15 Aug 2004 02:01:08 GMT

1. SMART DEVICE EXTENSION (Windows CE.NET)

2. Smart Device Extensions and VB.NET

3. visual basic.net / smart device extension

4. VB .NET & compact framework

5. Smart Device Extensions

6. VB .Net or VS .Net for Smart Devices

7. VB .Net 2003 Standard or VS .Net 2003 Pro for Smart Devices

8. Seeking testers for Final Beta of Communications Component for .NET (and .NET Compact Framework)

9. vb.net and PocketPC 2002/Smart Devices

10. Smart device application using VB.net and web services

11. Using Sockets in VB.NET for Smart Devices

12. Shell function in .NET Compact Framework