Emulator and SQL Server CE
Author Message
 Emulator and SQL Server CE

Hi All,

Do i require the Pocket PC device to use the SQL Server CE edition or can i
develop the application using the emulator ?

is the device neccessary for SQL SERVER ce.

Since i dont have access to device pls suggest me .

Thankyou

Regards
Raagz

Tue, 19 Jul 2005 00:58:36 GMT
 Emulator and SQL Server CE
You should be able to load the SQL Server CE edition onto the emulator.

--
Scott Moore
Microsoft Corp. - OEM Mobile Devices TAM

This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
You assume all risks for your use.

Quote:
> Hi All,

> Do i require the Pocket PC device to use the SQL Server CE edition or can
> develop the application using the emulator ?

> is the device neccessary for SQL SERVER ce.

> Since i dont have access to device pls suggest me .

> Thankyou

> Regards
> Raagz

Tue, 19 Jul 2005 06:54:16 GMT
 Emulator and SQL Server CE

I have the same problem as "raagz".  How do you "load the
SQL Server CE edition onto the emulator?  I tried just
copying my SDF file down into the emulator folders on my
computer, but that didn't work.  Can you provide some
guidance on the next steps.
Thanks,
Tim

Quote:

Wed, 20 Jul 2005 05:12:44 GMT
 Emulator and SQL Server CE
Hi,

   You will find the following directory under SQL Server CE
installation "Microsoft SQL Server CE\Device\x86\Emulation" copy all
the available files under this to windows directory of emulator and
click on dllregister from emulator then it will successfully register
the dll. If you are planning to use ADOCE you have to copy in the
similar fashion. This holds good for PocketPC 200 emulator

   If you are using PockePC 2002 emulator then you have to copy
"Microsoft SQL Server CE\Device\x86\i486" directory rest all is same.

Regards
Sobhan

Quote:

> I have the same problem as "raagz".  How do you "load the
> SQL Server CE edition onto the emulator?  I tried just
> copying my SDF file down into the emulator folders on my
> computer, but that didn't work.  Can you provide some
> guidance on the next steps.
> Thanks,
> Tim

Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:00:09 GMT

1. eVB / PPC 2002 emulator / SQL CE / ActiveSync problem

2. problem transfering bitmaps between main server and SQL Server CE

3. Problem registering controls on CE x86 emulator

4. Windows CE 3.x emulator?

5. Windows CE.Net MSN Programs On Emulator

6. Windows CE .NET Emulator and serial comms

7. HOW TO: Run a program in Win CE Pocket PC emulator

8. CE version 3 emulator for eVB?

9. Vb on WIn CE emulator

10. SQL Server CE and MSDE

11. Help with eVB - SQL Server CE and .cdb files

12. CE app connecting to SQL Server 2000 on 802.11