delete db on dev
Author Message
 delete db on dev

Hello Folks
I created an application which creates a database.
Now the problem is in deleting the database.
How do i delete the database (in DataBases Folder)
I cannot delete the database using the Device explorer. (No option to delete
it)

Any suggestions.
I would appreciate a solution by a third party utility coz a customer is
waiting for me to delete it. However, a code snipit would be really
appriciated.

Please reply by mail and post
Thank in advance
regards
COMplusGuY

Sat, 10 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 delete db on dev
Set rs = CreateObject("ADOCE.Recordset.3.0")
rs.Open "DROP DATABASE '.\Databases\" & strDbsName & "'"
Set rs = Nothing

this wll delete the .cdb file too

- Pradeep

Quote:
> Hello Folks
> I created an application which creates a database.
> Now the problem is in deleting the database.
> How do i delete the database (in DataBases Folder)
> I cannot delete the database using the Device explorer. (No option to
delete
> it)

> Any suggestions.
> I would appreciate a solution by a third party utility coz a customer is
> waiting for me to delete it. However, a code snipit would be really
> appriciated.

> Please reply by mail and post
> Thank in advance
> regards
> COMplusGuY

Mon, 19 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. looking form best VBX for DB dev?

2. newbie to COM & VB+DB dev

3. Development question.COM+ Dev w/ GUI dev

4. Development question.COM+ Dev w/ GUI dev

5. How to delete all tables in a db

6. Delete and object from remote DB

7. Deleting table in other DB

8. DB fills HD when deleting module!?!?

9. Update and Delete From Access DB

10. Deleting files from DB w/DataGrid in VB

11. Deleting Records In Oracle DB

12. Delete rows from a DB