Porting a web service client from VB.NET to eVB
Author Message
 Porting a web service client from VB.NET to eVB

Hi.  I have figured out how to create my own Web Service and client with Visual
Studio.NET, in Visual Basic.  I'd like to create a new client for the same
service in embedded Visual Basic.  I've made eVB clients for non-.NET web
services (i.e. those listed at XMethods) using PocketSoap.  But so far I haven't
had any luck accessing my .NET service using eVB.  Does anybody have any ideas
about how to either port my VB code or create a new eVB client?  Thanks.
Anne :)

Sun, 23 Nov 2003 23:06:06 GMT
 Porting a web service client from VB.NET to eVB
For the sake of anyone searching the archives, I thought I'd post my final
solution.
The solution is to write the web service in C#. Simon Fell has example code on
how to interact with a C#-based web service on the Samples page of
http://www.pocketsoap.com.  Simon and I chatted about how to do it with a VB.NET
web service, and we couldn't find a way to do it.
So despite the hype, I guess it does matter what language your web service is
written in.  There probably is a way to do it in VB, but you will save yourself a
lot of time if you do it in C#.
Anne :)
Quote:
Hi.  I have figured out how to create my own Web Service and client with Visual
Studio.NET, in Visual Basic.  I'd like to create a new client for the same
service in embedded Visual Basic.  I've made eVB clients for non-.NET web
services (i.e. those listed at XMethods) using PocketSoap.  But so far I haven't
had any luck accessing my .NET service using eVB.  Does anybody have any ideas
about how to either port my VB code or create a new eVB client?  Thanks.
Anne :)
.

Mon, 01 Dec 2003 22:47:25 GMT

1. Error calling web service from VB.Net client

2. VB 6 Client Using SOAP AND .NET Web Service

3. web service and updating web reference with vb.net design time vs run time

4. web service and updating web reference with vb.net design time vs run time

5. EVB 3.0- XML 2.0 - Porting from CE 3.0 to WinCE .NET

6. Bug: call web service from vb client

7. Porting from eVB to VB

8. communicate data from web service vb.net

9. vb.net web service can't work

10. VB.Net Web Service: proxy issue

11. communicate data from web service vb.net

12. VB.Net web service deployment problem