newbie: What is the latest version of embedded VB? Best language?
Author Message
 newbie: What is the latest version of embedded VB? Best language?

Hi,

I have been asked to look into the development of a CE-based application
(ViewSonic 64 meg).  I presently develop in VB so I assume that embedded VB
is the way to go.

What is the latest version?  Also, any problems interfacing with the CE
version of SQL Server?

Thanks.

Larry Woods

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 12:28:59 GMT
 newbie: What is the latest version of embedded VB? Best language?
3.0 and thats how its gonna be. You might want to look at .Net

--
---------------------------
Srinivas R. Loka

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have been asked to look into the development of a CE-based application
> (ViewSonic 64 meg).  I presently develop in VB so I assume that embedded
VB
> is the way to go.

> What is the latest version?  Also, any problems interfacing with the CE
> version of SQL Server?

> Thanks.

> Larry Woods

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 23:11:32 GMT
 newbie: What is the latest version of embedded VB? Best language?
eVB comes in only 1 version: 3.0.  That said, it has already been deemed
"dead".  If you're just starting, you might wait until next month for Studio
2003 to come out and jump into it with VB.NET.

--
Chris Tacke, eMVP
Windows CE Product Manager

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have been asked to look into the development of a CE-based application
> (ViewSonic 64 meg).  I presently develop in VB so I assume that embedded
VB
> is the way to go.

> What is the latest version?  Also, any problems interfacing with the CE
> version of SQL Server?

> Thanks.

> Larry Woods

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 23:15:29 GMT
 newbie: What is the latest version of embedded VB? Best language?

Quote:

> What is the latest version?  Also, any problems interfacing with the CE
> version of SQL Server?

Chris and Srinivas covered the version part.

I have tried SQL server from eVB, and it is really just a matter of
switching connect strings.
Of course there are various other differences (like the date format used in
queries and the indexing system)
Generally, SSCE gives you a lot more SQL than the CEDB. But it can be
difficult to get the indices correct and fine-tune the performance.

I haven't tried it yet, but I guess that SSCE is as easily interfaceable
from the .NET CF.

/Keld Laursen

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 05:48:29 GMT
 newbie: What is the latest version of embedded VB? Best language?
It will work with any Pocket PC device.

--
Chris Tacke, eMVP
Windows CE Product Manager

Quote:
> Will Studio 2003/.NET work for older Pocket PC devices? Thanks.

> On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 10:15:29 -0500, "Chris Tacke, eMVP"

> >eVB comes in only 1 version: 3.0.  That said, it has already been deemed
> >"dead".  If you're just starting, you might wait until next month for
Studio
> >2003 to come out and jump into it with VB.NET.

Mon, 19 Sep 2005 05:58:53 GMT

1. latest ADO version varies in different programming languages

2. I am a VB newbie, looking for good manual

3. VB(latest version)

4. What's the latest version of VB?

5. Which is the latest version of VB (professional edition)

6. Where do you get latest versions of VB 4.0 (32) OCX's

7. VB: latest version HOW TO RELOAD PREVIOUS PROJECTS?...

8. I am seaching vb old version and cpu emulator

9. I am seaching vb old version and cpu emulator

10. multi language versions with VB

11. Distribution of VB Controls to different language versions of Windows

12. Distribution of VB Controls to different language versions of Windows