Why it takes more time to populate a Grid with 900 contacts then listbox ?
Author Message
 Why it takes more time to populate a Grid with 900 contacts then listbox ?

Why it takes more time to populate a Ce Grid with 900 contacts then listbox
?
A Grid takes about 3-5 minutes to Add 900 Contacts in Pocket PC, while List
Box takes just 12-15 seconds.

Best Regards,

Luqman

Sun, 11 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Why it takes more time to populate a Grid with 900 contacts then listbox ?
Yes, I think the speed in filling grid is vey slow too. I am also looking for
some high-speed mechanism.
Quote:

> Why it takes more time to populate a Ce Grid with 900 contacts then listbox
> ?
> A Grid takes about 3-5 minutes to Add 900 Contacts in Pocket PC, while List
> Box takes just 12-15 seconds.

> Best Regards,

> Luqman

Fri, 16 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Why it takes more time to populate a Grid with 900 contacts then listbox ?
One improvement in speed (if you haven't already tried it) is to make the
ListBox or Grid invisible during the .AddItem process.

Screen (re)paints take tons of time (and are done each time an Item is added
to the list).  Making the List/Grid invisible eliminates the repaint and
thus saves time.

Rgds,
Fitz

Quote:

>Yes, I think the speed in filling grid is vey slow too. I am also looking
for
>some high-speed mechanism.

>> Why it takes more time to populate a Ce Grid with 900 contacts then
listbox
>> ?
>> A Grid takes about 3-5 minutes to Add 900 Contacts in Pocket PC, while
List
>> Box takes just 12-15 seconds.

>> Best Regards,

>> Luqman

Fri, 16 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Why it takes more time to populate a Grid with 900 contacts then listbox ?
The Grid Control will loads much faster with its visible property to false
during loading.  My 1,400 record table loads this way in about a minute.
Still not a fast as a list box (which can load the same table in 10
seconds), but it's a huge improvement.  Hope this helps.

Phil

Quote:
> Why it takes more time to populate a Ce Grid with 900 contacts then
listbox
> ?
> A Grid takes about 3-5 minutes to Add 900 Contacts in Pocket PC, while
List
> Box takes just 12-15 seconds.

> Best Regards,

> Luqman

Sat, 07 Jun 2003 03:38:37 GMT

1. Why creating tasks takes increasing time?

2. 900+ links about OO - interested in mirroring ?

3. MAPI control only fetches 900 messages

4. Write contents of listbox to text file/populate listbox from text file

5. populating vb.net listbox from selected items of another listbox

6. Taking Pictures from Word and Populating Imageboxes in a Userform

7. Why takes a Boolean 2 bytes?

8. Why Parity Change Takes 1/4 Second???

9. VBScript taking a few seconds why?...

10. why is it not taking the date ?

11. Populating a Word ComboBox Containing Outlook Contacts?

12. populate textbox with contact info