ADO Cannot Find Provider - help with connecting to Remote SQL Server!
Author Message
 ADO Cannot Find Provider - help with connecting to Remote SQL Server!

Hello folks,

I am trying to test out a VERY simple app in embedded vb that would connect
remotely to a SQL server over TCP/IP. We plan to write some apps for a palm-sized
CE machine with a wireless connection to our lan.

Now, I create the ADO objects just fine, but I get the following message:
An error was encountered: ADO Could Not Find the Specified Provider.

here is the code snippet:

 Dim objConnection As ADOCE.Connection 'Declare a variable for the connection
 Dim objRecordset As ADOCE.Recordset 'Declare a variable for the recordset
 Set objConnection = CreateObject("ADOCE.Connection.3.1")
 Set objRecordset = CreateObject("ADOCE.Recordset.3.1")
 Dim strCon As String
 strCon = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=MYDATABASE;User
Id=sa;Password=;Data Source=000.000.000.000"
    objConnection.Open strCon

Obviously I use a real IP address for the Data Source property. Is there perhaps
something that I must install to tell the emulator that it should emulate a
wireless device?

thx
robert hobbs

Mon, 24 Nov 2003 03:35:52 GMT

1. ADO Cannot find Specified Provider --- Help!!

2. Error #-2146824582 ADO could not find the specified provider Using SQL SERVER CE

3. Provider cannot be found error--HELP PLEASE!!

4. Cannot Connect with SQL Server....!!

5. error 20599 cannot connect to sql server

6. Connecting to Remote SQL7 Server via ADO

7. Connecting to remote SQL server via Internet using ASP page and Comm object

8. Need to connect to remote SQL server

9. can;t connect to remote SQL server on Win98

10. Getting Client Connected to remote SQL server

11. HOWTO: Connecting to a remote SQL Server

12. how to connect to remote sql server and which ports are used