PPC Device ID with eVB?
Author Message
 PPC Device ID with eVB?

Is that possible, I think it would be via KernelIoControl but don't know
exactlly how. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wed, 05 Oct 2005 02:28:23 GMT
 PPC Device ID with eVB?
Do a google search in the archives.  This is asked a lot.

--
Chris Tacke, eMVP
Windows CE Product Manager

Quote:
> Is that possible, I think it would be via KernelIoControl but don't know
> exactlly how. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wed, 05 Oct 2005 04:43:16 GMT
 PPC Device ID with eVB?
Done that, I only found code for C and NET framework, not for eVB.

Quote:
> Do a google search in the archives.  This is asked a lot.

> --
> Chris Tacke, eMVP
> Windows CE Product Manager
> Applied Data Systems
> www.applieddata.net

> > Is that possible, I think it would be via KernelIoControl but don't know
> > exactlly how. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wed, 05 Oct 2005 22:21:41 GMT
 PPC Device ID with eVB?
Thanks Tom,
I'm not familiar with C, but will give it a try.

Quote:
> I have found the code at

http://www.pocketpcdn.com/qa/serial_number2002.html
Quote:
> and wrapped it with ATL COM to use with eVB. If you have eVC, you can
> compile
> to CPU that you want and use it in eVB. Ex::

>   Dim oDevice As CE_DEVICEINFOLib.DeviceInfo
>   Dim sSerialNum as String

>  Set oDevice  = CreateObject("CE_DEVICEINFO.DeviceInfo")
>  sSerialNum = oDevice .GetSerialNumber()

> P.S: It works only with PocketPC 2002, with PocketPC 2000 and Emulator,
> it returns an empty string.

> Regards

> > Done that, I only found code for C and NET framework, not for eVB.

> > > Do a google search in the archives.  This is asked a lot.

> > > --
> > > Chris Tacke, eMVP
> > > Windows CE Product Manager
> > > Applied Data Systems
> > > www.applieddata.net

> know

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 14:30:15 GMT

1. Retrieving unique device id from handheld devices.

2. PPC 2003 eVB runtimes where ?

3. Converting PocketPC 2000 evb project to PPC 2002

4. How to copy files from PPC to Computer in eVB

5. eVB, events, PPC 2002

6. Migrate eVB project to PPC 2002

7. ppc 2002,evb 3.0,adoce 3.1 Can't create object

8. POOM + PPC 2002 + eVB

9. eVB / PPC 2002 emulator / SQL CE / ActiveSync problem

10. PPC 2002, eVB and MAPI?

11. Problems running PPC eVB app on PPC2002 Emulator

12. Can't Access PPC from eVB