Screen Flickering
Author Message
 Screen Flickering

Hi All,

I use a timer control to update the caption of a label, it updates the info
every second, but the screen flickers a lot.  Is there a way to stop or
prevent the flicker?

Thanks
Mustafa

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 11:45:18 GMT
 Screen Flickering
Hi,
This usually happens because Labels are drawn on forms and aren't controls.
This means that in order to reflect changes, at least the portion were the
label is, must be refreshed. But eVB normally takes a pessimistic aproach
and refreshs the container (in this case the Form).
Depending on how your form looks (I talking about your design) you could use
a TextBox (locked) or a Frame (reduced to the caption) instead of a label.
This probably (I dind't test it in eVB but had similar problems back on 16
bits time with VB3) will solve the flickering.
Hope it helps,
Pedro Ivo Faria

Quote:
> Hi All,

> I use a timer control to update the caption of a label, it updates the
info
> every second, but the screen flickers a lot.  Is there a way to stop or
> prevent the flicker?

> Thanks
> Mustafa

Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:04:05 GMT

1. Screen flicker while updating progress control

2. Screen Flickering

3. Screen flicker

4. Avoiding screen flicker?

5. Getting rid of screen flicker in my game.

6. how to get rid of screen flicker

7. Screen flicker when moving label control at run time

8. Please help with Screen Flicker problem in VB3

9. Screen Flicker problem in VB3

10. 2nd post, Screen Flicker in VB3, please HELP!

11. Screen Flicker (vb3)

12. Screen flicker when shelling to a DOS program