Can not add reference to MS CE ADO control
Author Message
 Can not add reference to MS CE ADO control

Hi All,

Sorry for the crossposting (To microsoft.public.ado.windowsce) I could not
make up my mind which group that was most relevant.

I am a newvie on Embedded Visual Basice, but quite experienced with Visual
Basic 6 and ADO.

I have created a project for Pocket PC 2002.

When adding a reference to this control it comes up on the list of available
references in Project/references. When selecting it, it does not come up in
the toolbox.

I then deselect it and use the browse button in the reference dialog to add
it manually. I select the file adocedt31.dll or adocedt30.dll. When I click
ok I get the following error message:

"The selected library is not marked as usable in your current platform.
Would you like this library added?"

If I select yes to add it anyway. I do not get any further error message but
still no component in the toolbox.

I am using WIndows XP Professional as my development environment.

I have installed Windows embedded Visual tools, The CE SDK for Pocket PC,
and the synchronisation manager.

Apart from ADO, the development environment and the Pocket PC emulator seems
to work fine, at least to the level of being able to run my "Hello World"
program in my emulator.

I relly hope that someone can help me with this mystery. Thanks in advance
G?ran Wester

Tue, 01 Feb 2005 18:01:08 GMT
 Can not add reference to MS CE ADO control
The ADOCE stuff won't show up in the toolbox.  Just add a reference and you
should get intellisense for the Recordset and COnnection objects. From then
on it's as easy as calling CreateObject.

--
Chris Tacke, eMVP
Windows CE Product Manager

Quote:
> Hi All,

> Sorry for the crossposting (To microsoft.public.ado.windowsce) I could not
> make up my mind which group that was most relevant.

> I am a newvie on Embedded visual Basice, but quite experienced with Visual
> Basic 6 and ADO.

> I have created a project for Pocket PC 2002.

> When adding a reference to this control it comes up on the list of
available
> references in Project/references. When selecting it, it does not come up
in
> the toolbox.

> I then deselect it and use the browse button in the reference dialog to
add
> it manually. I select the file adocedt31.dll or adocedt30.dll. When I
click
> ok I get the following error message:

> "The selected library is not marked as usable in your current platform.
> Would you like this library added?"

> If I select yes to add it anyway. I do not get any further error message
but
> still no component in the toolbox.

> I am using WIndows XP Professional as my development environment.

> I have installed Windows embedded Visual tools, The CE SDK for Pocket PC,
> and the synchronisation manager.

> Apart from ADO, the development environment and the Pocket PC emulator
seems
> to work fine, at least to the level of being able to run my "Hello World"
> program in my emulator.

> I relly hope that someone can help me with this mystery. Thanks in advance
> G?ran Wester

Tue, 01 Feb 2005 21:04:14 GMT

1. MS CE ADO Installation?

2. Adding a Reference vs Adding a Control

3. how to add picture into table using ado code not using control

4. ADO CE SDK 1.0 won't install - says VB5 not installed

5. Windows CE or not Windows CE?

6. Error #-2146824582 ADO could not find the specified provider Using SQL SERVER CE

7. Converting MS SQL to MS SQL CE

8. how to add ADO reference to user outlook by programming

9. How to add the ADO reference in outlook by progrmming

10. ADO CE & Grid control

11. A COM Reference could not be added - BUG

12. Looking 4 Canned Control