Making Outlook start from application?
Author Message
 Making Outlook start from application?

Hello all,

    I've been trying to use CreateProcess as in the example below (from MS):
Option Explicit

Public Declare Function CreateProcess Lib "coredll.DLL" _
    Alias "CreateProcessW" _
    (ByVal lpApplicationName As String, _
     ByVal lpCommandLine As String, _
     ByVal lpProcessAttributes As Long, _
     ByVal lpThreadAttributes As Long, _
     ByVal bInheritHandles As Long, _
     ByVal dwCreationFlags As Long, _
     ByVal lpEnvironment As Long, _
     ByVal lpCurrentDirectory As String, _
     ByVal lpStartupInfo As Long, _
     ByVal lpProcessInformation As Long) As Long

Private Sub Command1_Click()
    Dim ret
    ret = CreateProcess("windows\repllog.exe", "/remote", _
                        0, 0, False, 0, 0, "", 0, 0)
    If ret = 1 Then
        Label1.Caption = "Success"
    Else
        Label1.Caption = "Failure"
    End If
End Sub What I ultimately want to do is call the Pocket Outlook components
(Tasks & Calendar in specific).I can't even get the example from MS to work
much less outlook. If returns "Failure" in the label with no other
info.There's no error per se, just the failure return code. I basically just
copy/pasted it. Do I need a reference to something?The reference to the
coredll.dll is made by code so I figured nothing else is needed. I've tried
replacing the "windows\repllog.exe" with "windows\solitare.exe" and that
won't launch the game either...Anyone? Please help me!Thanks,-Eric P.

Thu, 15 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Starting Outlook mail transfer from other application

2. Outlook Application Start Event?

3. Starting an application that uses outlook

4. Making program start when windows starts...

5. Problem starting Acces 97 after having started Outlook 2000

6. Start a macro automaticly when starting outlook

7. Accessing Outlook Adressbook without starting Outlook

8. enable macros in outlook when outlook starts

9. Start application when another starts

10. Determining the height of the start bar / fitting applications around start bar

11. Starting application on Windows start

12. Starting application on Windows start