H/PC App Not Running On PocketPC
Author Message
 H/PC App Not Running On PocketPC

I have done a simple application in eVB which acceses a Pocket Access
File which icreated on the H/PC emulator.  The H/PC has Pocket Access
installed.
All it deos is access a file called fis.cdb and then extracts records
form a table called customer and puts them into a Grid Control.
Here's the code

GridCtrl1.Clear
On Error Resume Next
Frame1.Visible = False
'If Len(Trim(Text1)) Then
Set RS = CreateObject("ADOCE.Recordset.3.0")
sql = "SELECT * FROM CUSTOMER ORDER BY DEAL_NUM"
RS.Open sql, fisdb, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic, adCmdText
'records = RS.getrows()
maxrecord = RS.RecordCount
GridCtrl1.Rows = maxrecord + 1
maxfields = 3 'RS.fields.Count
GridCtrl1.Cols = maxfields
'Set Column Widths
GridCtrl1.ColWidth(0) = 900
GridCtrl1.ColWidth(1) = 1700
GridCtrl1.ColWidth(2) = 1700

GridCtrl1.Col = 0
GridCtrl1.Row = 0
GridCtrl1.Text = "A/C"
GridCtrl1.Col = 1
GridCtrl1.Text = "Name"
GridCtrl1.Col = 2
GridCtrl1.Text = "Town"
GridCtrl1.Row = 1
GridCtrl1.Col = 0

If maxrecord <> 0 Then
 RS.MoveFirst
 For record = 0 To maxrecord - 1
  GridCtrl1.Col = 0
  GridCtrl1.Text = RS.Fields("deal_num")
  GridCtrl1.Col = 1
  GridCtrl1.Text = UCase(RS.Fields("deal_name"))
  GridCtrl1.Col = 2
  GridCtrl1.Text = UCase(RS.Fields("deal_add3"))
  RS.MoveNext
  GridCtrl1.Row = GridCtrl1.Row + 1

 Next

End If

'For record = 0 To maxrecord - 1
 'For field = 0 To maxfields - 1
 ' GridCtrl1.TextMatrix(record, field) = records(field, record)
 'Next
' GridCtrl1.Row = 0

'Next
GridCtrl1.FillStyle = 1
GridCtrl1.Row = 0
GridCtrl1.Col = 0
RS.Close
Set RS = Nothing
'End If

After doing the necessary changes for PocketPC i ran the same code in a
PocketPc emulator and copied the FIS.CDB file from the 'My Documents'
folder in the H/PC emulator into the 'My Documents ' folder in the
PocketPC emulator and ran the code.

There were no problems when i ran the code but it didn't fill the Grid
Control with the records from the fis.cdb.

Please can anyone help

Many Thanks
Naushad

Sun, 06 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Will my eVB Apps run on PocketPC 2002?

2. Problems sending data from PocketPC to normal PC via BlueTooth

3. Using MS Access files on PC from Wireless PocketPC

4. H/PC Pro vs. PocketPC

5. 2nd Post: H/PC Pro vs. PocketPC

6. (Newbie) Minimum spec for pc's running VB.net app

7. Running VB 4.0 (32bit) app on PC installed w/VB5.0

8. Network question: VB app run off server hangs PC's

9. Help: Run app on remote pc

10. Problems Running Compiled VB App (uses MTS componants) on another PC

11. Apps w/ MS Inet Xfer Control won't run on non-development PCs

12. Running VB 4.0 (32bit) app on PC installed w/VB5.0