ASP Page on Windows Ce 3.0 Web Server
Author Message
 ASP Page on Windows Ce 3.0 Web Server

Hi All,

I developed simple Asp page to create an Fileobject using
VB script.
I got an error

"  Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01ad'
"ActiveX Component can't create object"

I have pasted my code below. I appreciate your
suggestions/solutions.

Thanks,

ram

***********code *********
<%
Dim fileSys, filetxt, getname,path
Set filesys=CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set filetxt= filesys.CreateTextfile
("\DiskC\somefile.txt",TRUE)
path=filesys.GetAbsolutePathName("\DiskC\somefile.txt")
getname=filesys.GetFileName(path)
filetxt.WriteLine("Your text goes here")
filetxt.Close
If filesys.FileExists(path) Then
        Response.Write(" Your File,""&getname&"",has been
changed")
End If
%>

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 02:08:18 GMT
[...]

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 02:08:24 GMT
 ASP Page on Windows Ce 3.0 Web Server
There's no Scripting object on CE, so what you're trying to do won't work
either from ASP or any other script host on CE.  You can work around this by
writing an ActiveX object that implements these routines yourself,
installing it on the device, and then calling it as appropriate.

--
John Spaith
Software Design Engineer, Windows CE

You assume all risk for your use. ? 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.

Quote:
> Hi All,

> I developed simple Asp page to create an Fileobject using
> VB script.
> I got an error

> "  Microsoft VBscript runtime error '800a01ad'
> "ActiveX Component can't create object"

> I have pasted my code below. I appreciate your
> suggestions/solutions.

> Thanks,

> ram

> ***********code *********
> <%
> Dim fileSys, filetxt, getname,path
> Set filesys=CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
> Set filetxt= filesys.CreateTextfile
> ("\DiskC\somefile.txt",TRUE)
> path=filesys.GetAbsolutePathName("\DiskC\somefile.txt")
> getname=filesys.GetFileName(path)
> filetxt.WriteLine("Your text goes here")
> filetxt.Close
> If filesys.FileExists(path) Then
> Response.Write(" Your File,""&getname&"",has been
> changed")
> End If
> %>

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 07:39:06 GMT
 ASP Page on Windows Ce 3.0 Web Server
Hi John,

Thanks for your response. I have couple of questions for
you.

1. Is Scripting Object [[CreateObject
("Scripting.FileSystemObject")] supported on WindowsCE.NET.

2. I appreciate if you can suggest the sites/links where I
can find the Samples/examples for writing the ActiveX
object for Windows CE system.

Thanks again and regards,

Ram

Quote:

confers no rights.
>You assume all risk for your use. ? 2002 Microsoft

Corporation. All rights

>reserved.

>> Hi All,

>> I developed simple Asp page to create an Fileobject
using
>> VB script.
>> I got an error

>> "  Microsoft VBscript runtime error '800a01ad'
>> "ActiveX Component can't create object"

>> I have pasted my code below. I appreciate your
>> suggestions/solutions.

>> Thanks,

>> ram

>> ***********code *********
>> <%
>> Dim fileSys, filetxt, getname,path
>> Set filesys=CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
>> Set filetxt= filesys.CreateTextfile
>> ("\DiskC\somefile.txt",TRUE)
>> path=filesys.GetAbsolutePathName("\DiskC\somefile.txt")
>> getname=filesys.GetFileName(path)
>> filetxt.WriteLine("Your text goes here")
>> filetxt.Close
>> If filesys.FileExists(path) Then
>> Response.Write(" Your File,""&getname&"",has been
>> changed")
>> End If
>> %>

>.

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 20:07:23 GMT
 ASP Page on Windows Ce 3.0 Web Server
1. No, Scripting isn't supported on .Net either.  Sorry.

2. If you're a C programmer you could write the ActiveX control yourself and
by simply thunking to the filesystem APIs.  I'm not a VB guy so I don't know
what would be involved in anything other than C, and I don't know if anyone
has implemented these.  On some of the other microsoft.public.windowsce.*
newsgroups people have asked this question about the scripting object, you
may start with hunting them down.

--
John Spaith
Software Design Engineer, Windows CE
Microsoft Corporation

You assume all risk for your use. ? 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.

Hi John,

Thanks for your response. I have couple of questions for
you.

1. Is Scripting Object [[CreateObject
("Scripting.FileSystemObject")] supported on WindowsCE.NET.

2. I appreciate if you can suggest the sites/links where I
can find the Samples/examples for writing the ActiveX
object for Windows CE system.

Thanks again and regards,

Ram

Quote:

confers no rights.
>You assume all risk for your use. ? 2002 Microsoft

Corporation. All rights

>reserved.

>> Hi All,

>> I developed simple Asp page to create an Fileobject
using
>> VB script.
>> I got an error

>> "  Microsoft VBscript runtime error '800a01ad'
>> "ActiveX Component can't create object"

>> I have pasted my code below. I appreciate your
>> suggestions/solutions.

>> Thanks,

>> ram

>> ***********code *********
>> <%
>> Dim fileSys, filetxt, getname,path
>> Set filesys=CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
>> Set filetxt= filesys.CreateTextfile
>> ("\DiskC\somefile.txt",TRUE)
>> path=filesys.GetAbsolutePathName("\DiskC\somefile.txt")
>> getname=filesys.GetFileName(path)
>> filetxt.WriteLine("Your text goes here")
>> filetxt.Close
>> If filesys.FileExists(path) Then
>> Response.Write(" Your File,""&getname&"",has been
>> changed")
>> End If
>> %>

>.

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 23:02:29 GMT

1. is vbscript supported on windows ce asp page?

2. Cannot start/install any ASP.NET page on my web server

3. server time reported on .asp web pages, how do I report client side time correctly

4. asp pages w/personal web server???

5. fat client (MSMQ, VB Program) or thin client (ASP page then have Web server use MSMQ)

6. Windows CE or not Windows CE?

7. Does eVB 3.0 Support Windows CE .NET 4.1 ?

8. Embedded Visual Basic 3.0 & Windows CE

9. Webserver for Windows CE 3.0

10. Windows CE 3.0

11. WINCE 3.0 and SQL SERVER CE

12. VB, ASP.NET on Windows CE