ListViewControl
Author Message
 ListViewControl

Hi All,
I'm looking for method to store and retrieve 2 values for
an item in a listView Control(report view)...sort of like
the 'ItemData' of the
listbox...I'm sure it must be simple but just can't seem
to find it..

any help is appreciated!!

Tue, 11 Jan 2005 01:25:17 GMT
 ListViewControl
You can create hidden fields within a listview item. When creating the
listview header create columns with a length of 0. Then added the data to
these columns (subitems) when you add each listview item. Works great.

Quote:
> Hi All,
> I'm looking for method to store and retrieve 2 values for
> an item in a listView Control(report view)...sort of like
> the 'ItemData' of the
> listbox...I'm sure it must be simple but just can't seem
> to find it..

> any help is appreciated!!

Tue, 11 Jan 2005 04:07:32 GMT
 ListViewControl
This method works great until your users start to re-size the columns,
and
therefore expose your 'hidden' fields.

Try storing your keys in an array, that matches the item positions in
the listview, then do a lookup to retrieve them.

Paul Newton
Software Developer
BUSINESS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES LTD
www.b-i-t-s.co.uk

Quote:

> You can create hidden fields within a listview item. When creating the
> listview header create columns with a length of 0. Then added the data to
> these columns (subitems) when you add each listview item. Works great.

> > Hi All,
> > I'm looking for method to store and retrieve 2 values for
> > an item in a listView Control(report view)...sort of like
> > the 'ItemData' of the
> > listbox...I'm sure it must be simple but just can't seem
> > to find it..

> > any help is appreciated!!

Sun, 16 Jan 2005 00:15:46 GMT

1. New ListViewControl

2. vb60 listviewcontrol: items not visible