2000 SDK vs 2002 SDK
Author Message
 2000 SDK vs 2002 SDK

What's the deal with the MS PPC 2002 SDK.  Symbol has written a control for
the PPC 2002 scanner with a warning in red "Do not install the Microsoft
Pocket PC 2002 SDK." Sure enough that is why i couldn't deploy to the PPC
2002 device from the IDE because i had reverted back to the MS PPC 2000 SDK.

Any idea what the problem with MS PPC 2002 SDK is?

Thanks
Harry

Sat, 21 May 2005 05:32:29 GMT
 2000 SDK vs 2002 SDK
It's not the PPC02 SDK, it's those, pardon my language, idiots at Symbol.
Their hardware is great, but their software/support leaves a heck of a lot
to be desired.  Their devices all have their own PlatfromID as well.
Typically what I do is to hack the device's registry so it enumerates to eVB
as a Pocket PC (create a Pocket PC project then open the project file with
notepad to get the PlatformID).  Then just use the standard Pocket PC
project with their control.  I've never had a problem with the 02 SDK hosing
things from that point.

--
Chris Tacke, eMVP
Windows CE Product Manager

Quote:
> What's the deal with the MS PPC 2002 SDK.  Symbol has written a control
for
> the PPC 2002 scanner with a warning in red "Do not install the Microsoft
> Pocket PC 2002 SDK." Sure enough that is why i couldn't deploy to the PPC
> 2002 device from the IDE because i had reverted back to the MS PPC 2000
SDK.

> Any idea what the problem with MS PPC 2002 SDK is?

> Thanks
> Harry

Sat, 21 May 2005 07:31:58 GMT
 2000 SDK vs 2002 SDK
They were pretty clueless about Compact Framework.  I'd gotten the app to
work with almost everthing in CF and had to roll back to eVB to work with
their control.....but it does work which is big! <g>

Thanks
Harry Simpson

Quote:
> It's not the PPC02 SDK, it's those, pardon my language, idiots at Symbol.
> Their hardware is great, but their software/support leaves a heck of a lot
> to be desired.  Their devices all have their own PlatfromID as well.
> Typically what I do is to hack the device's registry so it enumerates to
eVB
> as a Pocket PC (create a Pocket PC project then open the project file with
> notepad to get the PlatformID).  Then just use the standard Pocket PC
> project with their control.  I've never had a problem with the 02 SDK
hosing
> things from that point.

> --
> Chris Tacke, eMVP
> Windows CE Product Manager
> Applied Data Systems
> www.applieddata.net

> > What's the deal with the MS PPC 2002 SDK.  Symbol has written a control
> for
> > the PPC 2002 scanner with a warning in red "Do not install the Microsoft
> > Pocket PC 2002 SDK." Sure enough that is why i couldn't deploy to the
PPC
> > 2002 device from the IDE because i had reverted back to the MS PPC 2000
> SDK.

> > Any idea what the problem with MS PPC 2002 SDK is?

> > Thanks
> > Harry

Sat, 21 May 2005 08:15:16 GMT
 2000 SDK vs 2002 SDK
They are really stupid. When they create the scanner ocx control for
different CPU
and model, they just change the string name value and keep the same GUIID.
We can not create a single setup package to install the scanner control for
Symbol 2700, 2800, iPaq (using the scanner and wireless card of Symbol).
Our clients still using old model like 2700, that make us having create many
setup packages for different devices

Quote:
> It's not the PPC02 SDK, it's those, pardon my language, idiots at Symbol.
> Their hardware is great, but their software/support leaves a heck of a lot
> to be desired.  Their devices all have their own PlatfromID as well.
> Typically what I do is to hack the device's registry so it enumerates to
eVB
> as a Pocket PC (create a Pocket PC project then open the project file with
> notepad to get the PlatformID).  Then just use the standard Pocket PC
> project with their control.  I've never had a problem with the 02 SDK
hosing
> things from that point.

> --
> Chris Tacke, eMVP
> Windows CE Product Manager
> Applied Data Systems
> www.applieddata.net

> > What's the deal with the MS PPC 2002 SDK.  Symbol has written a control
> for
> > the PPC 2002 scanner with a warning in red "Do not install the Microsoft
> > Pocket PC 2002 SDK." Sure enough that is why i couldn't deploy to the
PPC
> > 2002 device from the IDE because i had reverted back to the MS PPC 2000
> SDK.

> > Any idea what the problem with MS PPC 2002 SDK is?

> > Thanks
> > Harry

Sun, 22 May 2005 01:36:24 GMT
 2000 SDK vs 2002 SDK

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 2000 SDK vs 2002 SDK
Hi Chris,

I have the same problem and am trying to do what you have suggested. I got
the Platform ID after creating the project in eVB and I checked the mobile
device (SYMBOL 2700) and found its different. When I search for "platform"
in 2700 registry, many entries came and i am not sure where to change the
new platform ID. Could you please help?

Thanks in advance,

Saju

Quote:
> It's not the PPC02 SDK, it's those, pardon my language, idiots at Symbol.
> Their hardware is great, but their software/support leaves a heck of a lot
> to be desired.  Their devices all have their own PlatfromID as well.
> Typically what I do is to hack the device's registry so it enumerates to
eVB
> as a Pocket PC (create a Pocket PC project then open the project file with
> notepad to get the PlatformID).  Then just use the standard Pocket PC
> project with their control.  I've never had a problem with the 02 SDK
hosing
> things from that point.

> --
> Chris Tacke, eMVP
> Windows CE Product Manager
> Applied Data Systems
> www.applieddata.net

> > What's the deal with the MS PPC 2002 SDK.  Symbol has written a control
> for
> > the PPC 2002 scanner with a warning in red "Do not install the Microsoft
> > Pocket PC 2002 SDK." Sure enough that is why i couldn't deploy to the
PPC
> > 2002 device from the IDE because i had reverted back to the MS PPC 2000
> SDK.

> > Any idea what the problem with MS PPC 2002 SDK is?

> > Thanks
> > Harry

Thu, 02 Jun 2005 21:17:25 GMT
 2000 SDK vs 2002 SDK
Saju,

Try this

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Windows CE Tools]
"Platform"="{6D5C6210-E14B-11D2-B72A-0000F8026CEE}"

BTY - if you put this (and any other registry entries) into a file ending in
".reg", and put this into either the application or platform directories
(the flash file system) it will merge these into the registry on cold boot -
saves having to do this every time.
Have a look at the .reg files that already exist in the platform directory

Quote:
> Hi Chris,

> I have the same problem and am trying to do what you have suggested. I got
> the Platform ID after creating the project in eVB and I checked the mobile
> device (SYMBOL 2700) and found its different. When I search for "platform"
> in 2700 registry, many entries came and i am not sure where to change the
> new platform ID. Could you please help?

> Thanks in advance,

> Saju

> > It's not the PPC02 SDK, it's those, pardon my language, idiots at
Symbol.
> > Their hardware is great, but their software/support leaves a heck of a
lot
> > to be desired.  Their devices all have their own PlatfromID as well.
> > Typically what I do is to hack the device's registry so it enumerates to
> eVB
> > as a Pocket PC (create a Pocket PC project then open the project file
with
> > notepad to get the PlatformID).  Then just use the standard Pocket PC
> > project with their control.  I've never had a problem with the 02 SDK
> hosing
> > things from that point.

> > --
> > Chris Tacke, eMVP
> > Windows CE Product Manager
> > Applied Data Systems
> > www.applieddata.net

> > > What's the deal with the MS PPC 2002 SDK.  Symbol has written a
control
> > for
> > > the PPC 2002 scanner with a warning in red "Do not install the
Microsoft
> > > Pocket PC 2002 SDK." Sure enough that is why i couldn't deploy to the
> PPC
> > > 2002 device from the IDE because i had reverted back to the MS PPC
2000
> > SDK.

> > > Any idea what the problem with MS PPC 2002 SDK is?

> > > Thanks
> > > Harry

Wed, 15 Jun 2005 17:54:54 GMT

1. pocketpc sdk 2002 can't work with win 2000 server

2. VBA SDK vs Office 2000 Dev Tools

3. December 2002 release of the Exchange SDK is now available

4. ANN: Terrain4.DLL SDK v4.3 release june 2002

5. PocketPC 2002 SDK installation..

6. Reinstall Pocket PC 2002 SDK Rollback

7. Intrinsic Controls Symbol PocketPC 2002 SDK

8. unable to install pocket pc SDK 2002

9. PocketPC (Not 2002) SDK

10. eVB and Pocket PC 2002 SDK on Pentium4

11. Pocket PC 2002 sdk

12. Failed to run Hello Pocket World program w/PC 2002 SDK