Error Code=0xLX Platform Manager is not able to use my device !!!
Author Message
 Error Code=0xLX Platform Manager is not able to use my device !!!

Hello all.
I re-installed all the embedded Visual Tools 3.0 on my PC, which is a P4 256
MB RAM running Windows 2000.
I'm able to connect at least 4 types of devices and I'm able to syncronize
information between those devices and my PC.
eVB is not able to see there is a device connected !!!!!
The error is:

"The Platform Manager could not connect to the device.
This happens if the project type does not match the connected device, or if
a required file in Windows CE Services, or the Platform SDK is missing or
corrupt.
(Error Code=0xLX)"

The Project Type is "H/PC Pro 2.11". The devices I use are a NEC Mobile Pro
790 and a HP Jornada 720. The files are OK, but I reinstalled all the
toolkit again to be sure...
I had a look in Knowledge Base and it seems this error occurs when there is
no network adapter installed. But I have a network adapter which is working
perfectly.

What am I doing wrong ????

Many thanks in advance for your answers and kind regards

--
Andrea Antonangeli
Octet - Ingegneria dei Sistemi - S.r.l.

Sat, 24 Jan 2004 21:10:17 GMT
 Error Code=0xLX Platform Manager is not able to use my device !!!

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Error Code=0xLX Platform Manager is not able to use my device !!!
Is it possible I am THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS THIS PROBLEM ??????

I formatted the disk of another PC, I installed Windows 2000, then the
embedded visual tools, then ActioveSync 3.5

I had EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM !!!!!

I can't believe I'm the only one !!!!!!!

Please help, thanks

--
Andrea Antonangeli
Octet - Ingegneria dei Sistemi - S.r.l.
Milano - Italy

Quote:
> Hello all.
> I re-installed all the embedded Visual Tools 3.0 on my PC, which is a P4
256
> MB RAM running Windows 2000.
> I'm able to connect at least 4 types of devices and I'm able to syncronize
> information between those devices and my PC.
> eVB is not able to see there is a device connected !!!!!
> The error is:

> "The Platform Manager could not connect to the device.
> This happens if the project type does not match the connected device, or
if
> a required file in Windows CE Services, or the Platform SDK is missing or
> corrupt.
> (Error Code=0xLX)"

> The Project Type is "H/PC Pro 2.11". The devices I use are a NEC Mobile
Pro
> 790 and a HP Jornada 720. The files are OK, but I reinstalled all the
> toolkit again to be sure...
> I had a look in Knowledge Base and it seems this error occurs when there
is
> no network adapter installed. But I have a network adapter which is
working
> perfectly.

> What am I doing wrong ????

> Many thanks in advance for your answers and kind regards

> --
> Andrea Antonangeli
> Octet - Ingegneria dei Sistemi - S.r.l.
> Milano - Italy

Sun, 25 Jan 2004 20:54:49 GMT
 Error Code=0xLX Platform Manager is not able to use my device !!!

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Error Code=0xLX Platform Manager is not able to use my device !!!
I DID get this error, but I don't remember exactly what the problem was.  It
might have been that I had picked the actual handheld device, not the
emulator when I tried to run my app in eVB without having the device
connected.  I just changed the target to the emulator and it fired up fine.
The other problem I think I ran into was the "remote path" property on my
project.  I changed it to \Project1.vb instead of the long path that was
there by default and that helped too.  Hope this helps you!

Quote:
> Is it possible I am THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS THIS PROBLEM ??????

> I formatted the disk of another PC, I installed Windows 2000, then the
> embedded visual tools, then ActioveSync 3.5

> I had EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM !!!!!

> I can't believe I'm the only one !!!!!!!

> Please help, thanks

> --
> Andrea Antonangeli
> Octet - Ingegneria dei Sistemi - S.r.l.
> Milano - Italy

messaggio

> > Hello all.
> > I re-installed all the embedded Visual Tools 3.0 on my PC, which is a P4
> 256
> > MB RAM running Windows 2000.
> > I'm able to connect at least 4 types of devices and I'm able to
syncronize
> > information between those devices and my PC.
> > eVB is not able to see there is a device connected !!!!!
> > The error is:

> > "The Platform Manager could not connect to the device.
> > This happens if the project type does not match the connected device, or
> if
> > a required file in Windows CE Services, or the Platform SDK is missing
or
> > corrupt.
> > (Error Code=0xLX)"

> > The Project Type is "H/PC Pro 2.11". The devices I use are a NEC Mobile
> Pro
> > 790 and a HP Jornada 720. The files are OK, but I reinstalled all the
> > toolkit again to be sure...
> > I had a look in Knowledge Base and it seems this error occurs when there
> is
> > no network adapter installed. But I have a network adapter which is
> working
> > perfectly.

> > What am I doing wrong ????

> > Many thanks in advance for your answers and kind regards

> > --
> > Andrea Antonangeli
> > Octet - Ingegneria dei Sistemi - S.r.l.
> > Milano - Italy

Mon, 26 Jan 2004 07:43:37 GMT
 Error Code=0xLX Platform Manager is not able to use my device !!!

Quote:

> Hello all.
> I re-installed all the embedded Visual Tools 3.0 on my PC, which is a P4 256
> MB RAM running Windows 2000.

Have you installed Service Pack 2 for Windows 2000?

I had the same problem with Win 2000 + SP1, and it was solved with SP2...

Stefano

Mon, 26 Jan 2004 17:44:42 GMT
 Error Code=0xLX Platform Manager is not able to use my device !!!

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Error Code=0xLX Platform Manager is not able to use my device !!!
I'll install it immediately !!!!

--
Andrea Antonangeli
Octet - Ingegneria dei Sistemi - S.r.l.
Milano - Italy

Quote:
> > Hello all.
> > I re-installed all the embedded Visual Tools 3.0 on my PC, which is a P4
256
> > MB RAM running Windows 2000.

> Have you installed Service Pack 2 for Windows 2000?

> I had the same problem with Win 2000 + SP1, and it was solved with SP2...

> Stefano

Mon, 26 Jan 2004 18:20:46 GMT
 Error Code=0xLX Platform Manager is not able to use my device !!!
No, this is not the solution to my problem :(((
But thank you for your answer

--
Andrea Antonangeli
Octet - Ingegneria dei Sistemi - S.r.l.
Milano - Italy

Quote:
> I DID get this error, but I don't remember exactly what the problem was.
It
> might have been that I had picked the actual handheld device, not the
> emulator when I tried to run my app in eVB without having the device
> connected.  I just changed the target to the emulator and it fired up
fine.
> The other problem I think I ran into was the "remote path" property on my
> project.  I changed it to \Project1.vb instead of the long path that was
> there by default and that helped too.  Hope this helps you!

Mon, 26 Jan 2004 18:22:13 GMT
 Error Code=0xLX Platform Manager is not able to use my device !!!
It didn't work !!!

I'll try with a another reinstallation of the toolkit :((((

--
Andrea Antonangeli
Octet - Ingegneria dei Sistemi - S.r.l.
Milano - Italy

Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:14:28 GMT
 Error Code=0xLX Platform Manager is not able to use my device !!!

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Error Code=0xLX Platform Manager is not able to use my device !!!
I still can't believe :(((
I downloaded a "Handheld PC 2000 SDK" and now it works.
I didn't see any product announcement about this SDK !!!!
It seems it was released in May 2001. But no MSDN disc for it, nothing.
I didn't know I was developing for a "Handheld PC 2000"...
Sorry for my ignorance...

--
Andrea Antonangeli
Octet - Ingegneria dei Sistemi - S.r.l.
Milano - Italy

Tue, 27 Jan 2004 03:31:55 GMT
 Error Code=0xLX Platform Manager is not able to use my device !!!

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Error Code=0xLX Platform Manager is not able to use my device !!!
I have the same problem.  Please let me know if you come up with a
solution...

Thanks....
Chris Durbin

Quote:
> Hello all.
> I re-installed all the embedded Visual Tools 3.0 on my PC, which is a P4
256
> MB RAM running Windows 2000.
> I'm able to connect at least 4 types of devices and I'm able to syncronize
> information between those devices and my PC.
> eVB is not able to see there is a device connected !!!!!
> The error is:

> "The Platform Manager could not connect to the device.
> This happens if the project type does not match the connected device, or
if
> a required file in Windows CE Services, or the Platform SDK is missing or
> corrupt.
> (Error Code=0xLX)"

> The Project Type is "H/PC Pro 2.11". The devices I use are a NEC Mobile
Pro
> 790 and a HP Jornada 720. The files are OK, but I reinstalled all the
> toolkit again to be sure...
> I had a look in Knowledge Base and it seems this error occurs when there
is
> no network adapter installed. But I have a network adapter which is
working
> perfectly.

> What am I doing wrong ????

> Many thanks in advance for your answers and kind regards

> --
> Andrea Antonangeli
> Octet - Ingegneria dei Sistemi - S.r.l.
> Milano - Italy

Mon, 01 Mar 2004 00:45:00 GMT
 Error Code=0xLX Platform Manager is not able to use my device !!!
maybe i can help: during the installation of the sdk (i use a jornada 720) a
registry key isn't declare the device. find in pekus com an desemvolvimento
(i don't know the url of the company), and they have a program that repair
the system registry for a j 720 (free, i feel), i remember that a long time
ago the explanation go in this newsgroup.

Quote:
> I have the same problem.  Please let me know if you come up with a
> solution...

> Thanks....
> Chris Durbin

> > Hello all.
> > I re-installed all the embedded Visual Tools 3.0 on my PC, which is a P4
> 256
> > MB RAM running Windows 2000.
> > I'm able to connect at least 4 types of devices and I'm able to
syncronize
> > information between those devices and my PC.
> > eVB is not able to see there is a device connected !!!!!
> > The error is:

> > "The Platform Manager could not connect to the device.
> > This happens if the project type does not match the connected device, or
> if
> > a required file in Windows CE Services, or the Platform SDK is missing
or
> > corrupt.
> > (Error Code=0xLX)"

> > The Project Type is "H/PC Pro 2.11". The devices I use are a NEC Mobile
> Pro
> > 790 and a HP Jornada 720. The files are OK, but I reinstalled all the
> > toolkit again to be sure...
> > I had a look in Knowledge Base and it seems this error occurs when there
> is
> > no network adapter installed. But I have a network adapter which is
> working
> > perfectly.

> > What am I doing wrong ????

> > Many thanks in advance for your answers and kind regards

> > --
> > Andrea Antonangeli
> > Octet - Ingegneria dei Sistemi - S.r.l.
> > Milano - Italy

Sat, 03 Apr 2004 00:29:50 GMT

 [ 16 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. eVB - Connection Failed (Error Code 0xLX)

2. targeted platform does not match device

3. Help needed (The target platform does not match the device)

4. targeted platform does not match the device ........

5. Registry access error (Not able to perform the operation because object is not given storage yet)

6. device not ready error when using getlogicaldrives

7. Look at device manager devices from api

8. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

9. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

10. What DX7 RM Device Am I Using ?

11. Not able use openrecordset method on query using form control for criteria

12. Error: ActiveX Scripting was not able to initialize the script execution engine