Database for Pocket PC??
Author Message
 Database for Pocket PC??

Hi,
Obviously Pocket PC doesn't support Pocket Access like
Handheld does. Could you suggest some another way
(database) to store the data on my Pocket PC. Is it
possible by using SQL for Windows CE?
Regards,
Vasil

Sat, 24 Apr 2004 17:29:00 GMT
 Database for Pocket PC??
Well it does support Access and SQL, visit www.devbuzz.com and find the
tutorial.

Quote:
> Hi,
> Obviously Pocket PC doesn't support Pocket Access like
> Handheld does. Could you suggest some another way
> (database) to store the data on my Pocket PC. Is it
> possible by using SQL for Windows CE?
> Regards,
> Vasil

Sat, 24 Apr 2004 21:57:16 GMT
 Database for Pocket PC??
The only real PocketAccess piece missing from the PocketPC is the front-end
user interface.  The engine is there (or can be downloaded to the device).
In addition to the devbuzz site, you might check out:

Q265796: HOWTO: Run ADOCE on the Pocket PC Platform
   http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q265/7/96.asp

The article actually illustrates an object store table as opposed to a CDB,
but it should be a good start.

-mike

Sun, 25 Apr 2004 01:13:34 GMT
 Database for Pocket PC??
There are several Pocket Access-compatible database applications for the
PPC-platform. My personal favourite is pocketDB-1 (www.kaione.com) because
it's AFAIK the fastest thing around. (Slow) alternatives are abcDB, HandyDB
and some more ...

Regards,
    -mARKUS

Quote:
> Hi,
> Obviously Pocket PC doesn't support Pocket Access like
> Handheld does. Could you suggest some another way
> (database) to store the data on my Pocket PC. Is it
> possible by using SQL for Windows CE?
> Regards,
> Vasil

Sun, 25 Apr 2004 03:14:50 GMT

1. database from pocket pc to desktop pc

2. Database in Pocket PC installation Package...

3. read blob data from sql server ce database in pocket pc

4. Database on Pocket PC???

5. pocket pc transfer file to another pocket pc

6. How to create/read database on Pocket PC Database folder ?

7. Newbie : Pocket PC/Handheld PC/Palm PC

8. Can i convet Access database to Pocket PC in Chinese Language?

9. Pocket PC 2002 emulator and database

10. import export data in pocket pc databases

11. pocket pc database

12. pocket PC database