Setting Listview item programatically
Author Message
 Setting Listview item programatically

How may I in eVB-code select one item in a listview?

By using the following code, the line gets blue and seems selected, but it's
not.
frm1.lvcTest.ListItems(1).Selected = True

Visually the listview item is marked blue, but there is no dotted line
around the item like the one you get when you click on it with the pen.

The listview have been set to FullRowSelect by an API-call.

Gunnar

Fri, 04 Feb 2005 18:59:19 GMT
 Setting Listview item programatically

Quote:
> How may I in eVB-code select one item in a listview?

> By using the following code, the line gets blue and seems selected, but
it's
> not.
> frm1.lvcTest.ListItems(1).Selected = True

> Visually the listview item is marked blue, but there is no dotted line
> around the item like the one you get when you click on it with the pen.

What happens if you add something like this (from the on-line ListView
reference)?
ListView1.SelectedItem = ListView1.ListItems(1)
Will that select in the needed/wanted way?

Keld Laursen

Fri, 04 Feb 2005 20:25:04 GMT
 Setting Listview item programatically
The Focus Rectangle Does Not Move As Expected [Q319358]
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];Q319358

Quote:
> How may I in eVB-code select one item in a listview?

> By using the following code, the line gets blue and seems selected, but
it's
> not.
> frm1.lvcTest.ListItems(1).Selected = True

> Visually the listview item is marked blue, but there is no dotted line
> around the item like the one you get when you click on it with the pen.

> The listview have been set to FullRowSelect by an API-call.

> Gunnar

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 13:09:18 GMT
 Setting Listview item programatically

Quote:
> The Focus Rectangle Does Not Move As Expected [Q319358]
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];Q319358

There are a couple of those bugfixes available. It seems like Microsoft can
charge for them or not at their own discretion.
In all the fixes I have seen, MS writes that if at all possible, we shold
wait for an official update.

With CE.NET and all, will an update for eVB be forthcoming somewhere in this
millenium?

Keld Laursen

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 14:31:19 GMT
 Setting Listview item programatically
... and do the later ones include the fixes from the earlier ones?

Quote:

> > The Focus Rectangle Does Not Move As Expected [Q319358]
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];Q319358

> There are a couple of those bugfixes available. It seems like Microsoft
can
> charge for them or not at their own discretion.
> In all the fixes I have seen, MS writes that if at all possible, we shold
> wait for an official update.

> With CE.NET and all, will an update for eVB be forthcoming somewhere in
this
> millenium?

> Keld Laursen

Sun, 06 Feb 2005 12:20:45 GMT
 Setting Listview item programatically
Of course, it had to be a feature (bug).
Thank you for all your help.
I guess VS.NET w/SDE &.NET CF will replace eVB-plattform.

Gunnar

Quote:
> ... and do the later ones include the fixes from the earlier ones?

> > > The Focus Rectangle Does Not Move As Expected [Q319358]
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];Q319358

> > There are a couple of those bugfixes available. It seems like Microsoft
> can
> > charge for them or not at their own discretion.
> > In all the fixes I have seen, MS writes that if at all possible, we
shold
> > wait for an official update.

> > With CE.NET and all, will an update for eVB be forthcoming somewhere in
> this
> > millenium?

> > Keld Laursen

Sun, 06 Feb 2005 17:40:27 GMT

1. How to Programatically Set the ForeColor of ListView Items

2. ListView - How to programatically select an item

3. highlight listview item programatically

4. Drop-down Listbox - programatically setting the selected item

5. How to do Next item and Previous item programatically

6. ListView Items - How to set colour ?

7. Setting selected item in listview

8. Sorting ListView items & Setting ForeColor

9. Setting backcolor on LostFocus () for selected items in ListView

10. Set ListView Item Font As Italic

11. How to set Listview Item

12. jump listview to the hilight item (selected item)...