Easy way to change backcolor of standard combobox
Author Message
 Easy way to change backcolor of standard combobox

This is pretty simplistic but is there an easy way to change the backcolor
of a standard combobox. The backcolor property kinda makes an outline in
color and is not really what I'm trying to accomplish

Thanks in advance

John Kostenbader

Fri, 04 Feb 2005 23:39:19 GMT
 Easy way to change backcolor of standard combobox

Quote:
> This is pretty simplistic but is there an easy way to change the backcolor
> of a standard combobox. The backcolor property kinda makes an outline in
> color and is not really what I'm trying to accomplish

That might be a bug.
The combobox is probably done as a textbox with a droplist and an arrow
gadget.
Unfortunately, the background color only goes to the droplist and arrow
gadget, and the foreground color only goes to the text in the textbox.
That's just one of those oversights that component creators sometimes make.
But it is still irritating.

Keld Laursen

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 14:25:22 GMT

1. backcolor property on SSTab control doesn't change backcolor

2. what are standard ways of securing users in an ASP application

3. Other easier simpler ways to access a mdb file from VB

4. RGB code of standard Form.Backcolor - VB5.0

5. MSFlexgrid reset backcolor - Quick & Easy Question

6. BackColor in ComboBox

7. FlexGrid: Changing selected row BackColor AND changing UNselected row BackColor???

8. Adding Mousemove to standard combobox

9. Trying to over-rule standard popup in combobox

10. ExtendedMatching using a standard ComboBox

11. Standard ComboBox

12. Standard Combobox Dropdown...;-0