Error message with the HPC 2000 SDK and the Jornada 720 
Author Message
 Error message with the HPC 2000 SDK and the Jornada 720

Hello,

I used to work with Embedded Visual Tools 3.0 (I am running Windows 98 and
eMbedded Visual Basic 3.0) on HP Jornada 690 but my company recently bought
the new HPC models from HP, the Jornada 720 and since then I only encouter
problems...

Following the thread "Error Code=0xLX  Platform Manager is not able to use
my device !!!" (thanx to Andrea Antonangeli) 08/07/01, I installed the
Handheld PC 2000 SDK in order to solve them but I still have an error
message when I want to test my app on the device : it says :
"The targeted platform does not match the device currently connected to your
system. Please verify that the proper device is attached ". The same message
as when you want to execute Pocket PC code on HPC devices ...
I also tried with Windows 2000 but the result is the same.

Is there anything I am missing or doing wrong?
Please help, thanks

Az

PS.: and sorry in advance for my so bad english...



Sat, 31 Jan 2004 23:12:59 GMT  
 Error message with the HPC 2000 SDK and the Jornada 720

Quote:
>Is there anything I am missing or doing wrong?

You need to add this key to your Jornada's registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Windows CE Tools
Platform={0F9D255B-97DA-4641-A8E6-7A7411D2472F}

--
Marc Zimmermann
Microsoft MVP - Windows CE

Helpful hints, Tips and Reviews - http://www.pocketpc.com
Pocket PC Users Ruhr (German) - http://www.pocketpc-users.de
Pocket PC Users Rhein/Main (German) - http://www.pocketpc-rheinmain.de
MVP information - http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp
WinCE info, Works FAQ, software... - http://www.zimac.de



Sun, 01 Feb 2004 00:00:08 GMT  
 Error message with the HPC 2000 SDK and the Jornada 720



Quote:
> >Is there anything I am missing or doing wrong?

> You need to add this key to your Jornada's registry:

> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Windows CE Tools
> Platform={0F9D255B-97DA-4641-A8E6-7A7411D2472F}

> --
> Marc Zimmermann
> Microsoft MVP - Windows CE

Hello,

Thanx a lot Marc, for your quick answering.
I need some more informations : could you confirm the path to this key ?
Is it HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Platform and i set the value
{0F9D255B-97DA-4641-A8E6-7A7411D2472F}to the sring Default or do I have to
_create_ the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Windows CE Tools Platform" and assign
the value to the string Default of this new key or is it something else ?
...Because I tried both and none succeeded... (I use the Registry Editor of
eVB to access to the device's registry).

Sorry for my ignorance and thanx in advance for any help,

Bye,
Az



Mon, 02 Feb 2004 20:19:03 GMT  
 Error message with the HPC 2000 SDK and the Jornada 720

Quote:
>do I have to _create_ the key
>"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Windows CE Tools Platform" and assign
>the value to the string Default of this new key or is it something
>else ?

You need to create this key and also a new string value named "Platform"
that received this GUID string. Hope this is clearer.

--
Marc Zimmermann
Microsoft MVP - Windows CE

Helpful hints, Tips and Reviews - http://www.pocketpc.com
Pocket PC Users Ruhr (German) - http://www.pocketpc-users.de
Pocket PC Users Rhein/Main (German) - http://www.pocketpc-rheinmain.de
MVP information - http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp
WinCE info, Works FAQ, software... - http://www.zimac.de



Mon, 02 Feb 2004 23:40:52 GMT  
 Error message with the HPC 2000 SDK and the Jornada 720
none. nothing happen't, maybe a new example...


Quote:
> >do I have to _create_ the key
> >"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Windows CE Tools Platform" and assign
> >the value to the string Default of this new key or is it something
> >else ?

> You need to create this key and also a new string value named "Platform"
> that received this GUID string. Hope this is clearer.

> --
> Marc Zimmermann
> Microsoft MVP - Windows CE

> Helpful hints, Tips and Reviews - http://www.pocketpc.com
> Pocket PC Users Ruhr (German) - http://www.pocketpc-users.de
> Pocket PC Users Rhein/Main (German) - http://www.pocketpc-rheinmain.de
> MVP information - http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp
> WinCE info, Works FAQ, software... - http://www.zimac.de



Tue, 03 Feb 2004 00:11:46 GMT  
 Error message with the HPC 2000 SDK and the Jornada 720

Quote:
>none. nothing happen't, maybe a new example...

Have you done a soft reset after changing this setting?

--
Marc Zimmermann
Microsoft MVP - Windows CE

Helpful hints, Tips and Reviews - http://www.pocketpc.com
Pocket PC Users Ruhr (German) - http://www.pocketpc-users.de
Pocket PC Users Rhein/Main (German) - http://www.pocketpc-rheinmain.de
MVP information - http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp
WinCE info, Works FAQ, software... - http://www.zimac.de



Tue, 03 Feb 2004 01:33:46 GMT  
 Error message with the HPC 2000 SDK and the Jornada 720
yes, i reboot the PC, also, then, don't worry, i generate a *.vb and sync


Quote:
> >none. nothing happen't, maybe a new example...

> Have you done a soft reset after changing this setting?

> --
> Marc Zimmermann
> Microsoft MVP - Windows CE

> Helpful hints, Tips and Reviews - http://www.pocketpc.com
> Pocket PC Users Ruhr (German) - http://www.pocketpc-users.de
> Pocket PC Users Rhein/Main (German) - http://www.pocketpc-rheinmain.de
> MVP information - http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp
> WinCE info, Works FAQ, software... - http://www.zimac.de



Tue, 03 Feb 2004 02:23:02 GMT  
 Error message with the HPC 2000 SDK and the Jornada 720


Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT  
 Error message with the HPC 2000 SDK and the Jornada 720
Hello,

Following your advices Marc, I created the key in the registry but it didn't
work. Some eVB and eVC developpers for Jornada 720 on HPC 2000 SDK
encoutered this problem too on the ng.  microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer
but Bacarin, in the thread
"Help: eVB and Windows for handheld 2000" (08/16/01) gives this link
http://www.pekus.com.br/AutoHPC2KeVT.htm
You'll find there an app that correct this problem. I tried it on my win2000
computer and it works fine.

So thanx for your help Marc and keep on,

Az

Quote:
> yes, i reboot the PC, also, then, don't worry, i generate a *.vb and sync


> > >none. nothing happen't, maybe a new example...

> > Have you done a soft reset after changing this setting?

> > --
> > Marc Zimmermann
> > Microsoft MVP - Windows CE



Tue, 03 Feb 2004 16:33:55 GMT  
 Error message with the HPC 2000 SDK and the Jornada 720

Quote:
>http://www.pekus.com.br/AutoHPC2KeVT.htm
>You'll find there an app that correct this problem. I tried it on my win2000
>computer and it works fine.

This is pretty strange because this program seems to create just te same
registry key. I have at least one developer getting backt to me saying that
he managed to fix the problem with my info... probably a typo or
whatever...

Glad to to hear that you got rid of the problem.



Tue, 03 Feb 2004 22:42:27 GMT  
 Error message with the HPC 2000 SDK and the Jornada 720
ok, works, perfecly.
i can see, the key is: Windows CE Tools
but i writed: Windows CE Tools Platform
oops



Quote:
> Hello,

> Following your advices Marc, I created the key in the registry but it
didn't
> work. Some eVB and eVC developpers for Jornada 720 on HPC 2000 SDK
> encoutered this problem too on the ng.

microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer
Quote:
> but Bacarin, in the thread
> "Help: eVB and Windows for handheld 2000" (08/16/01) gives this link
> http://www.pekus.com.br/AutoHPC2KeVT.htm
> You'll find there an app that correct this problem. I tried it on my
win2000
> computer and it works fine.

> So thanx for your help Marc and keep on,

> Az

> > yes, i reboot the PC, also, then, don't worry, i generate a *.vb and
sync


> > > >none. nothing happen't, maybe a new example...

> > > Have you done a soft reset after changing this setting?

> > > --
> > > Marc Zimmermann
> > > Microsoft MVP - Windows CE



Wed, 04 Feb 2004 00:27:25 GMT  
 Error message with the HPC 2000 SDK and the Jornada 720


Quote:
> ok, works, perfecly.
> i can see, the key is: Windows CE Tools
> but i writed: Windows CE Tools Platform
> oops

Oops, too... I realized I did the same fault ;-)


Fri, 06 Feb 2004 20:17:04 GMT  
 
 [ 12 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. ADO for HPC 2000/Jornada 720?

2. HPC 2000 with HP Jornada 720 problems

3. HPC 2000 with HP Jornada 720 problems - More

4. Jornada 720

5. Problem with eVB 3 and Jornada 720

6. Jornada 720

7. Jornada 720 windows Ce Tools registry entry

8. HP Jornada 720

9. Verkaufe HP Jornada 720

10. Printing w/ Jornada 720 and Embedded VB

11. Jornada 720

12. eVB & Jornada 720

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software