#3842: Internal ADOCE Error
Author Message
 #3842: Internal ADOCE Error

Hi all!
We are currently using:
1.Microsoft eMbedded Visual Basic 3.0
2.Microsoft Windows Platform SDK for Pocket PC
3.Microsoft ActiveSync 3.1
4.Windows CE ActiveX Data Objects v2.0 SDK

Ours eVB application utilize Pocket Access database. We test application
under emulator and actually do not have real PocketPC device.
The Pocket Access database (.cdb file) created under emulator and always
has fixed size 336KB. Database contains less then fifty records.
When application starts it works fine for a shot period of time. Then we
get the following errors when trying to call ADOCE.Recordset.Open
method:
#3842: Internal ADOCE Error
or
#-2147024866: The system cannot read from the specified device
then Dr. Watson for Windows NT window reports:
<An application error has occurred and an application error log is being
generated.
Pvbload.exe
Exception: access violation (0xc0000005),Address: 0x00d7997d>

Does it appear due to the limit of database size?
Should we get real device (e.g. Cassio Cassiopeia E-115) and utilize
ActiveSync 3.1 to convert desktop Access database into Pocket Access
database? Is it problem of using emulator instead of real device?
Is there any workaround for this?

Thanks.

Sat, 10 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 #3842: Internal ADOCE Error

Oleg,

This is a bug in the emulation version of ADOCE.  It creates a 336KB .cdb
and is unable to expand it when it's full.

When you run out of space you'll get an "unable to read/write to the device"
error.

Rgds,
Fitz

Quote:

>Hi all!
>We are currently using:
>1.Microsoft eMbedded Visual Basic 3.0
>2.Microsoft Windows Platform SDK for Pocket PC
>3.Microsoft ActiveSync 3.1
>4.Windows CE ActiveX Data Objects v2.0 SDK

>Ours eVB application utilize Pocket Access database. We test application
>under emulator and actually do not have real PocketPC device.
>The Pocket Access database (.cdb file) created under emulator and always
>has fixed size 336KB. Database contains less then fifty records.
>When application starts it works fine for a shot period of time. Then we
>get the following errors when trying to call ADOCE.Recordset.Open
>method:
>#3842: Internal ADOCE Error
>or
>#-2147024866: The system cannot read from the specified device
>then Dr. Watson for Windows NT window reports:
><An application error has occurred and an application error log is being
>generated.
>Pvbload.exe
>Exception: access violation (0xc0000005),Address: 0x00d7997d>

>Does it appear due to the limit of database size?
>Should we get real device (e.g. Cassio Cassiopeia E-115) and utilize
>ActiveSync 3.1 to convert desktop Access database into Pocket Access
>database? Is it problem of using emulator instead of real device?
>Is there any workaround for this?

>Thanks.

Sat, 10 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Run-Time Error 40002 (Internal Driver ODBC Error)...

2. Error 51 (internal error) in VB5.

3. Run-time error 61704 : Internal application error

4. Link Error: Internal error durig

5. What's Causing adoce.3.1 Recordset failure and not Connection error

6. adoce error opening recordset

7. ADOCE Error Message

8. ADOCE Error 3855 (HELP Needed Quickly!!)

9. ADOCE error when trying to open Categories Database

10. ADOCE: Error in Sample Database Viewer

11. Very strange ADOCE Error...

12. ADOCE Error