auto start my application 
Author Message
 auto start my application

Hi,

Is there a way that I can start my application
automatically after a cold boot of pocketpc? The user
cannot quit my application unless by using a specific
password. I would like to prevent the user from going to
windows when he does a cold boot due to some problem. So,
is there any way to start my application after the cold
boot like an autoexec. Iam using PocketPC 2800_2002.



Sun, 17 Apr 2005 18:54:59 GMT  
 auto start my application

Quote:
> Hi,

> Is there a way that I can start my application
> automatically after a cold boot of pocketpc? The user
> cannot quit my application unless by using a specific
> password. I would like to prevent the user from going to
> windows when he does a cold boot due to some problem. So,
> is there any way to start my application after the cold
> boot like an autoexec. Iam using PocketPC 2800_2002.

After a COLD boot? Where do you store your program since it can survive a
cold boot?

If you are asking about a WARM boot, then you can add a registry setting
that will start your program, or just put a link in \windows\startup. That
will do the trick.

FOr the registry, you need to look into
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Start Items

(Found at www.phm.lu/PocketPC/regTweaks/Tweak.asp?ref=17)

Keld Laursen



Sun, 17 Apr 2005 20:57:47 GMT  
 auto start my application
Thanks, it works if I put a link in \windows\startup.

I store my application in the "\application" directory
(non-volatile directory). So it can survive after a cold
boot.

The same trick works for cold boot too, but the problem is
the usual stylo alignement (Tap your screen...) also
starts running at the same time. How can I avoid this and
have only my program run? Is there any other way for the
case of cold boot?

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----


>> Hi,

>> Is there a way that I can start my application
>> automatically after a cold boot of pocketpc? The user
>> cannot quit my application unless by using a specific
>> password. I would like to prevent the user from going to
>> windows when he does a cold boot due to some problem.
So,
>> is there any way to start my application after the cold
>> boot like an autoexec. Iam using PocketPC 2800_2002.

>After a COLD boot? Where do you store your program since
it can survive a
>cold boot?

>If you are asking about a WARM boot, then you can add a
registry setting
>that will start your program, or just put a link in

\windows\startup. That

- Show quoted text -

Quote:
>will do the trick.

>FOr the registry, you need to look into
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Start Items

>(Found at www.phm.lu/PocketPC/regTweaks/Tweak.asp?ref=17)

>Keld Laursen

>.



Mon, 18 Apr 2005 00:08:54 GMT  
 auto start my application
Hi,

I think that if the user were to carry out a cold boot, then your app
would be lost anyway as the unit will be reset to it's factory
condition, at least that's the case with my device, a Unitech PT930.

I have read that if the device has a Flash folder, (not card), then
the application .cab installation file can be placed here, then if the
system is re-booted the application is automatically re-installed. I
haven't tested this though!

Hope this helps

Paul Newton
www.b-i-t-s.co.uk

Quote:

> Hi,

> Is there a way that I can start my application
> automatically after a cold boot of pocketpc? The user
> cannot quit my application unless by using a specific
> password. I would like to prevent the user from going to
> windows when he does a cold boot due to some problem. So,
> is there any way to start my application after the cold
> boot like an autoexec. Iam using PocketPC 2800_2002.



Mon, 18 Apr 2005 08:39:20 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. auto-start application

2. Start application when another starts

3. Determining the height of the start bar / fitting applications around start bar

4. Starting application on Windows start

5. Starting application on Windows start

6. Auto start a file or a procedure

7. Auto start a macro in Word2K

8. Auto start

9. How to auto start a cab file packaged as an exe from script

10. Need midi sequencer code to auto start

11. auto-start computer

12. Auto start installing

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software