VB .NET & compact framework
Author Message
 VB .NET & compact framework

I've been assessing the pocketpc development tools. I have used eVB
which i found adequate for stand alone applications. I found
limitation when it comes to communicating with servers.

Would like to hear from people who are using .NET VB and compact
framework. Is in beta? I have not used it before, is there a big
learning curve? Do all the tools, including pocketpc emulator,
available in the .NET studio suite?

Thank you in advance

Sat, 02 Apr 2005 04:21:24 GMT
 VB .NET & compact framework
Hani,

The Compact Framework is in beta currently and will be included along with all
the tools, SQL Server CE, and emulator in the next upgrade to Visual Studio
sometime early next year. No official release date has been announced yet. Since
the Compact Framework is mostly a subset of the desktop version, it shouldn't be
a big learning curve if you are familiar with VB.Net.
--
Ginny Caughey
Windows Embedded MVP

Quote:
> I've been assessing the pocketpc development tools. I have used eVB
> which i found adequate for stand alone applications. I found
> limitation when it comes to communicating with servers.

> Would like to hear from people who are using .NET VB and compact
> framework. Is in beta? I have not used it before, is there a big
> learning curve? Do all the tools, including pocketpc emulator,
> available in the .NET studio suite?

> Thank you in advance

Sat, 02 Apr 2005 04:48:55 GMT

1. Smart Device Extensions & .NET Compact Framework

2. Seeking testers for Final Beta of Communications Component for .NET (and .NET Compact Framework)

3. VB .NET and Compact Framework

4. Shell function in .NET Compact Framework

5. ANN: NET Compact Framework chat today!

6. ANN: NET Compact Framework chat today!

7. Techniques for filling lists using the .NET Compact Framework - new DEVBUZZ tutorial

8. My Vb.Net Apps will not run on other machine's with .Net Framework installed

9. Deploying vb.net windows form application on a pc without the .net framework

10. .NET Framework 1.1 and VB.Net Performance - ?

11. Find good book about using CR.NET with VS.NET and .NET Framework

12. Progressbar Colors in Compact Framework?