ActiveX can't CreateObject
Author Message
 ActiveX can't CreateObject

I'm new to Pocket PC after writing to the Palm OS for a while.

I started with a very simple app to do financial functions. With the
following
code:
*********************
Option Explicit
Dim objFinancial
*********************
Private Sub cmdCalc_Click()
    Set objFinancial = CreateObject("PVBFINANCELib.pVBFinFunc")
    MsgBox "objFinancial created"
End Sub
*********************
Keep getting "ActiveX object cannot be created"
I've set a reference to PVBFINANCELib for the project and trying to hit the
library on my box( not on a remote server)

What am i missing or is the Emulator app buggy??

TIA
Harry

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 00:07:13 GMT
 ActiveX can't CreateObject
Try CreateObject("PVBFinFunc.pVBFinFunc")

Brian Crosby

Quote:
> I'm new to Pocket PC after writing to the Palm OS for a while.

> I started with a very simple app to do financial functions. With the
> following
> code:
> *********************
> Option Explicit
> Dim objFinancial
> *********************
> Private Sub cmdCalc_Click()
>     Set objFinancial = CreateObject("PVBFINANCELib.pVBFinFunc")
>     MsgBox "objFinancial created"
> End Sub
> *********************
> Keep getting "ActiveX object cannot be created"
> I've set a reference to PVBFINANCELib for the project and trying to hit
the
> library on my box( not on a remote server)

> What am i missing or is the Emulator app buggy??

> TIA
> Harry

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 03:11:58 GMT
 ActiveX can't CreateObject
Tried that and it didn't work.........why would that syntax work
anyway....vs
"libraryname.classname"??

Thanks,
Harry

Quote:
> Try CreateObject("PVBFinFunc.pVBFinFunc")

> Brian Crosby

> > I'm new to Pocket PC after writing to the Palm OS for a while.

> > I started with a very simple app to do financial functions. With the
> > following
> > code:
> > *********************
> > Option Explicit
> > Dim objFinancial
> > *********************
> > Private Sub cmdCalc_Click()
> >     Set objFinancial = CreateObject("PVBFINANCELib.pVBFinFunc")
> >     MsgBox "objFinancial created"
> > End Sub
> > *********************
> > Keep getting "ActiveX object cannot be created"
> > I've set a reference to PVBFINANCELib for the project and trying to hit
> the
> > library on my box( not on a remote server)

> > What am i missing or is the Emulator app buggy??

> > TIA
> > Harry

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 03:51:54 GMT
 ActiveX can't CreateObject
Harry,

That is the library and classname.
Your code with the library and class I provided work both on my HPC and PPC.

Option Explicit
Dim objFinancial
Private Sub Form_Load()
    Set objFinancial = CreateObject("PVBFinFunc.pVBFinFunc")
    MsgBox "objFinancial created"
End Sub

Private Sub Form_OKClick()
    App.End
End Sub

Just look in the device's registry under the class root.  Your library
doesn't exist.

Brian Crosby

Quote:
> Tried that and it didn't work.........why would that syntax work
> anyway....vs
> "libraryname.classname"??

> Thanks,
> Harry

> > Try CreateObject("PVBFinFunc.pVBFinFunc")

> > Brian Crosby

> > > I'm new to Pocket PC after writing to the Palm OS for a while.

> > > I started with a very simple app to do financial functions. With the
> > > following
> > > code:
> > > *********************
> > > Option Explicit
> > > Dim objFinancial
> > > *********************
> > > Private Sub cmdCalc_Click()
> > >     Set objFinancial = CreateObject("PVBFINANCELib.pVBFinFunc")
> > >     MsgBox "objFinancial created"
> > > End Sub
> > > *********************
> > > Keep getting "ActiveX object cannot be created"
> > > I've set a reference to PVBFINANCELib for the project and trying to
hit
> > the
> > > library on my box( not on a remote server)

> > > What am i missing or is the Emulator app buggy??

> > > TIA
> > > Harry

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 05:00:08 GMT
 ActiveX can't CreateObject
Bear with me here Brian......
Quote:
>>Just look in the device's registry under the class root.  Your library

doesn't exist.<<
Are you talking accessing the "registry" settings of the device (emulator)
via regedit.exe from the desktop Run command??
If so, which key??

Really appreciate your help......object browser in eVB is where i got the
other info.

Thanks,
Harry

Quote:
> Harry,

> That is the library and classname.
> Your code with the library and class I provided work both on my HPC and
PPC.

> Option Explicit
> Dim objFinancial
> Private Sub Form_Load()
>     Set objFinancial = CreateObject("PVBFinFunc.pVBFinFunc")
>     MsgBox "objFinancial created"
> End Sub

> Private Sub Form_OKClick()
>     App.End
> End Sub

> Just look in the device's registry under the class root.  Your library
> doesn't exist.

> Brian Crosby

> > Tried that and it didn't work.........why would that syntax work
> > anyway....vs
> > "libraryname.classname"??

> > Thanks,
> > Harry

> > > Try CreateObject("PVBFinFunc.pVBFinFunc")

> > > Brian Crosby

> hit
> > > the

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 05:37:09 GMT
 ActiveX can't CreateObject
Harry,

Inside eVB, Goto tools menu and select remote tools --> registry editor.

Inside registry editor...
- Go to connection
- Select add connection
- Open branch for PocketPC
- Select PocketPC Emulation
- Click OK

In left Pane..
- Open branch for PocketPC
- Open branch for HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
- Scroll down
- There should be an entry for "pVBFinFunc.pVBFinFunc"

If there isn't an entry then it's not registered on the device.  If it is
there, try unregisterying and reregistering it with control manager, also
found in the remote tools menu.

Brian Crosby

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 05:54:21 GMT
 ActiveX can't CreateObject
Thank You Brian
That really helps!!

Harry

Quote:
> Harry,

> Inside eVB, Goto tools menu and select remote tools --> registry editor.

> Inside registry editor...
> - Go to connection
> - Select add connection
> - Open branch for PocketPC
> - Select PocketPC Emulation
> - Click OK

> In left Pane..
> - Open branch for PocketPC
> - Open branch for HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
> - Scroll down
> - There should be an entry for "pVBFinFunc.pVBFinFunc"

> If there isn't an entry then it's not registered on the device.  If it is
> there, try unregisterying and reregistering it with control manager, also
> found in the remote tools menu.

> Brian Crosby

Sun, 07 Dec 2003 00:15:36 GMT

1. Which ActiveX supports 'CreateObject' function

2. Which ActiveX supports 'CreateObject' function

3. Which ActiveX supports 'CreateObject' function

4. Which ActiveX supports 'CreateObject' function

5. 'Canned' data in VB program

6. CDO CreateObject Error 429 - ActiveX component can't create object

7. can a distributed component 'createobject'?

8. Permission denied: 'CreateObject'

9. Out of memory: 'CreateObject'

10. Automation error on 'createobject' in ASP

11. ActiveX component can't create object 'CreateObject'

12. ActiveX component can't create object: 'CreateObject'