Ending a eVB application ??
Author Message
 Ending a eVB application ??

Hellu,

I am running a little embedded VB application on my Pocket PC 2002
PDA.
The problem I am havind is that when I quite the application by
clicking on the cross in the upper most right corner, the application
is still running. I see this when I view all running processes.

When the upper right cross is selected I call the method App.End(). In
the list of processes, the form that was last active appears in the
list. When I start the application again, the application starts with
the latest form, just before quiting.... :(

What am I doing wrong ??

The application consists of a few forms that make a database
connection and show some data. Just before ending the applciation, the
db connections are all properly ended.

Please some advice ?

Eddie

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 22:09:43 GMT
 Ending a eVB application ??
Hi,

This problem came up recently in this group and I advised that the
App.End call be placed in the Query_Unload event of the form.  This
works fine for me with a Unitech PT930 but this event does not seem to
fire on certain devices for some reason.

I think that it is a bug!

Are you able to remove the X with your SDK?, if you can then this is
better & then put a Close button on the form.

Hope this helps

Paul Newton
www.b-i-t-s.co.uk

Quote:

> Hellu,

> I am running a little embedded VB application on my Pocket PC 2002
> PDA.
> The problem I am havind is that when I quite the application by
> clicking on the cross in the upper most right corner, the application
> is still running. I see this when I view all running processes.

> When the upper right cross is selected I call the method App.End(). In
> the list of processes, the form that was last active appears in the
> list. When I start the application again, the application starts with
> the latest form, just before quiting.... :(

> What am I doing wrong ??

> The application consists of a few forms that make a database
> connection and show some data. Just before ending the applciation, the
> db connections are all properly ended.

> Please some advice ?

> Eddie

Mon, 18 Apr 2005 08:34:18 GMT

1. eVB article: Shutting Down External Applications from eVB

2. Packaging a VB front end/Access back end application

3. Ending an application without "End Sub"?

4. Passing results of DOS application to VB front end application

5. Anyone using eVB to write FAX application before?

6. Write a fax application using eVB

7. Debug application in eVB is not working

8. HOW TO Install my EVB application on real Pocket PC 2002 Device

9. Shutting Down External Applications from eVB

10. Mount Floppy Drive via EVB Application...

11. eVB formless application

12. Application Error installing EVB on Win2000