Calling Windows CE API?
Author Message
 Calling Windows CE API?

Does anyone have an example of using the following APIs

Public Declare Function ReadFile Lib "Coredll" _
(ByVal hFile As Long, ByVal lpBuffer As String, ByVal nNumberOfBytesToRead
As Long, _
lpNumberOfBytesRead As Long, ByVal lpOverlapped As Long) As Long

I keep getting an error although I have been able to write to the file

To help diagnose the problem I am trying to use FormatMessage but is was not
defined in the API guide

Thanks

Tue, 30 Dec 2003 11:23:21 GMT
 Calling Windows CE API?
Are you not able to use the File Component - somewhat easier than using the
API.

Jeff Law
DataMasta Limited
http://www.datamasta.co.nz

Quote:
> Does anyone have an example of using the following APIs

> Public Declare Function ReadFile Lib "Coredll" _
> (ByVal hFile As Long, ByVal lpBuffer As String, ByVal nNumberOfBytesToRead
> As Long, _
> lpNumberOfBytesRead As Long, ByVal lpOverlapped As Long) As Long

> I keep getting an error although I have been able to write to the file

> To help diagnose the problem I am trying to use FormatMessage but is was
not
> defined in the API guide

> Thanks

Tue, 30 Dec 2003 11:45:49 GMT
 Calling Windows CE API?
I don't want to use the File System Component if I don't have to.  My
problem with all versions of VB is the bloat.  Whenever I can avoid using an
ActiveX component I do.

My hope is that somehow Microsoft is able to get C# and .Net on Windows CE
4.0 and most of the important system services will be available for us.

Enzo

Quote:
> Are you not able to use the File Component - somewhat easier than using
the
> API.

> Jeff Law
> DataMasta Limited
> http://www.datamasta.co.nz

> > Does anyone have an example of using the following APIs

> > Public Declare Function ReadFile Lib "Coredll" _
> > (ByVal hFile As Long, ByVal lpBuffer As String, ByVal

nNumberOfBytesToRead
Quote:
> > As Long, _
> > lpNumberOfBytesRead As Long, ByVal lpOverlapped As Long) As Long

> > I keep getting an error although I have been able to write to the file

> > To help diagnose the problem I am trying to use FormatMessage but is was
> not
> > defined in the API guide

> > Thanks

Tue, 30 Dec 2003 22:13:32 GMT
 Calling Windows CE API?
That's definitely the plan. Although it would certainly be helpful to the MS team working on that if you posted your
definition of "most of the important system services" so that they are aware of your specific needs. The more data
points they have in understanding the market needs/wants the better the product will be.

Some people will only be interested in the Client side of the .NET runtime to access services on larger servers. But I
can think of a lot of embedded systems where the CE device would want to be setting up the server side of things to
provide web services. UPNP which is essentially an application of SOAP and web services. (not quite true but close
enough for this discussion). I'd like to see C# as the means to implement a system where it can be managed/controlled
remotely via UPNP and a web server interface. the device driver

--
Steve Maillet
Entelechy Software Consulting

Quote:

> I don't want to use the File System Component if I don't have to.  My
> problem with all versions of VB is the bloat.  Whenever I can avoid using an
> ActiveX component I do.

> My hope is that somehow Microsoft is able to get C# and .Net on Windows CE
> 4.0 and most of the important system services will be available for us.

> Enzo

> > Are you not able to use the File Component - somewhat easier than using
> the
> > API.

> > Jeff Law
> > DataMasta Limited
> > http://www.datamasta.co.nz

> > > Does anyone have an example of using the following APIs

> > > Public Declare Function ReadFile Lib "Coredll" _
> > > (ByVal hFile As Long, ByVal lpBuffer As String, ByVal
> nNumberOfBytesToRead
> > > As Long, _
> > > lpNumberOfBytesRead As Long, ByVal lpOverlapped As Long) As Long

> > > I keep getting an error although I have been able to write to the file

> > > To help diagnose the problem I am trying to use FormatMessage but is was
> > not
> > > defined in the API guide

> > > Thanks

Tue, 06 Jan 2004 23:30:25 GMT

1. Windows CE or not Windows CE?

2. HELP: How to call Windows CE Calculator Programmatically

3. Help - Windows CE API ??

4. Windows API call to set windows colors (HELP Please)

5. API Calls in Windows NT as well as Windows 95/98

6. I need Windows 3.11 API / Necesito API de Windows 3.11

7. I need Windows 3.11 API / Necesito API de Windows 3.11

8. Windows API calls

9. API call on Windows NT

10. Calling Windows API functions with string parameters from Access

11. Windows API Call

12. VB.NET and Windows API Calls