deVBuzz article on eVB / WinSock and binary data
Author Message
 deVBuzz article on eVB / WinSock and binary data

Hi all,

Pete Vickers, the guru behind GUI3000 - a Pocket PC based graphical
front end for the HP3000 tackles the eVB WinSock control and binary data
bug. As Pete said; "I was so e{*filter*}d (sad really!) when I loaded by eVB
CD, and discovered that eVB contained a Winsock control. No longer was
my PC software, GUI3000 destined to be lonely, I could develop a 'little
brother' for it, GUI3000 for Pocket PC. So Off I went, coding in eVB to
talk to my existing server. I connected, received data, and ... nothing.
The application stopped responding. Off to the knowledge base...."

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Regards
Derek Mitchell

* eVB Tutorials - http://www.*-*-*.com/ *
* Host your Pocket PC apps - file upload *
* Join the Global Pocket PC Registry     *

Fri, 23 Jan 2004 11:50:37 GMT

1. eVB Database Viewer article on deVBuzz.com

2. new deVBuzz article - How I used SQL Server CE in my eVB application

3. new deVBuzz.com article -- Saddling the HTML View Control from eVB

4. new deVBuzz.com article -- eVB Starting out

5. new deVBuzz article: Windows CE logo certification

6. new deVBuzz article - An overview of SQL Replication options

7. eVB article: Shutting Down External Applications from eVB

8. Getting Started with XML in eVB - deVBuzz tutorial

9. new at deVBuzz.com - alternative eVB datepicker

10. deVBuzz.com tutorial - eVB and ADOXCE with SQL Server for CE

11. eVB/CE3: Binary data received is not what is being sent

12. Receiving binary data with winsock control, help please!!!