Windows CE Control Manager...
Author Message
 Windows CE Control Manager...

I am trying to connect to my PDA using Windows CE Control
Manager.  I need to copy and register a DLL to the unit.
However, when I try to connect I get the following
error: "The targeted platform does not match the device
currently connected to your system."

I have Pocket PC 3.0 installed on the PDA, which seems to
be the root of the problem.  It appears that Windows CE
Control Manager only connects to Pocket PC 2002 devices.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 00:51:53 GMT
 Windows CE Control Manager...
So you don't see a 'PocketPC' option listed under the platform list in the
Control Manager?  Have you installed the PocketPC Platform SDK?

btw, both the PocketPC and PocketPC 2002 are Windows CE 3.0-based.

hth,
Michael Fosmire
Community Program Manager, Windows Embedded

Sun, 16 Jan 2005 23:41:10 GMT

1. Windows CE Control Manager

2. Windows CE or not Windows CE?

3. Windows CE Winsock Control

4. Windows CE and VB5 controls

5. Skinning of Windows ce controls

6. Controls for Windows CE

7. Windows CE Online Chat - AMD & bSquare, Designing a High-Performance, Low-Power Windows CE .NET Device - May 15th 12:00 PST (20:00GMT)

8. Access for Windows CE?

9. Access database on Windows CE ?

10. Windows CE

11. Windows CE v2.0/Pocket Internet Explorer

12. Database access in Windows CE?