insert into
Author Message
 insert into

Hi newsgroup,

I want to insert data into my sql server ce database on my pocketpc. The
data should be read from editboxes.

This is my insert-string but it fails each time:

DBConn.Execute ("INSERT into testdata (test_id, test_vorname, test_nachname)
values (" & txtID.text & txtvor.text & txtnach.text & ")"

What's wrong with it?? And how do I get this right with the """"s???

The table also contains the rowguid, is this rowguid inserted
automatically??

Thanks for your help,

Pascal

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 00:50:57 GMT
 insert into

Quote:
> Hi newsgroup,

There is no need to ask this question in more than one newsgroup.
See my reply in microsoft.public.sqlserver.ce.

Keld Laursen

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 17:22:24 GMT
 insert into
You're missing quotes around the string values.

--
Chris Tacke, eMVP
Windows CE Product Manager

Quote:
> Hi newsgroup,

> I want to insert data into my sql server ce database on my pocketpc. The
> data should be read from editboxes.

> This is my insert-string but it fails each time:

> DBConn.Execute ("INSERT into testdata (test_id, test_vorname,
test_nachname)
> values (" & txtID.text & txtvor.text & txtnach.text & ")"

> What's wrong with it?? And how do I get this right with the """"s???

> The table also contains the rowguid, is this rowguid inserted
> automatically??

> Thanks for your help,

> Pascal

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 21:42:35 GMT

1. Insert file and then print and then delete the inserted file

2. Problem with format on insert autotext, and in inserting elements with form fields

3. Inserting data into mutliple tables using SQL Insert Command

4. Insert Data Into Access Database From SQL Server ADO Insert

5. need ID from newly inserted record (altered by insert trigger on SQL server)

6. insert into or insert

7. COM+ Insert fails, ASP Insert Ok

8. How? insert data with SQL Insert statement

9. Insert fails with a large insert?.?

10. Problem Inserting batch insert statement

11. How can I insert a Word Document into a Word Document like a INSERT/FILE ??

12. Access - Insert into - success or false... Need to find out the autonumbered-value of a new inserted record