Mystery
Author Message
 Mystery

What magic happens or what changes occur when a handheld is placed in a
docking station?  Why in the world would I have this problem?  Any ideas
would be greatly appreciated!!!!

The problem is:

Quote:
>>When attempting to open a sql server ce database I get the error "DLL for

class not found (-2174221000)".  I just figured out that this only happens
when the ipaq 3760 is not cradled.  If I start the application when cradled
the database gets opened just fine.  This is an evb application.<<

Fri, 14 Jan 2005 03:37:26 GMT
 Mystery
Charlie
SQL Server CE Database is basically accesing the IIS on your host machine or
some IP address you specify and gets data  form the actuall SQL server which
is dont by ASP pages. Pretty much making HTTP requests , nothing mysterious
abit
Does your device have network connectivity once its of the cradle by means
of a network card or something ?
if not then you need to get the device on it otherwise it cannot execute
TCP/IP based applications , one of which is the SQL server CE access..
Hope this helps
happy programming
Sid

Quote:
> What magic happens or what changes occur when a handheld is placed in a
> docking station?  Why in the world would I have this problem?  Any ideas
> would be greatly appreciated!!!!

> The problem is:
> >>When attempting to open a sql server ce database I get the error "DLL
for
> class not found (-2174221000)".  I just figured out that this only happens
> when the ipaq 3760 is not cradled.  If I start the application when
cradled
> the database gets opened just fine.  This is an evb application.<<

Sun, 16 Jan 2005 02:59:21 GMT

1. Error 2501 A mystery to me!

2. Reference mystery

3. Mystery type error

4. filesearch Mystery--Help Needed

5. Linking DBF file Mystery??

6. Mysteries of the IMP Operator

7. Mystery Event Hole

8. MYSTERY SOLVED: Updating user form field's default text

9. Range selection mystery

10. Form Field Jump Mysteries.....

11. Active Directory connection mystery

12. 4.3.3 Shadowing - A complete and utter mystery to me