Change Date Format...
Author Message
 Change Date Format...

Hi there,

I have a little problem formatting a Date Format like i.e. 10/31/01
into the format I want which is 31-OCT-01, because this is the form
how the Date is stored in my ORACLE-database and I want to realize
some SQL-Querys due to the Date.
I hope someone can help programming this in eVB...

Thanks a lot!

Sun, 18 Apr 2004 22:01:04 GMT
 Change Date Format...
Hallo Andreas

Quote:
> I have a little problem formatting a Date Format like i.e. 10/31/01
> into the format I want which is 31-OCT-01, because this is the form
> how the Date is stored in my ORACLE-database and I want to realize
> some SQL-Querys due to the Date.
> I hope someone can help programming this in eVB...

Is '31-OCT-01' as String or as DateFormat in Oracle saved?
if it is as Date Format,change the Date Format in Oracle.

Also you can convert in Oracle SQL the Date Format.

In VB
month = Left(CStr(10/31/01), 2)
day = Mid(CStr(10/31/01), 4, 2)
year = Mid(CStr(10/31/01), 6, 2)

Select Case month

case "10"
        month = "OCT"
case "11"
        month = "NOV"

End Select

strDate = day & "-" & month & "-" & year

best regards
Roland

Tue, 20 Apr 2004 00:33:24 GMT

1. Access changing date format automatically

2. changing date format

3. Changing date format in Word of linked field from Project

4. Need Help Changing date format in a form field

5. change date format

6. change date format

7. ADO Recordset changing date format

8. INSERT INTO Changing Date Format

9. ADO Recordset changing date format

10. INSERT INTO Changing Date Format

11. HOWTO: change date formatting of MSHFlexGrid ?

12. Changing Date Format In Access From VB